Chapter 95: Welcome to the mile high club

Pov Scarlett

The month of June goes by pretty calmly, except for y/n having to wear a cast of course.
I still get angry when I think about the incident in the park, I hate that she got hurt.
Even though she says it’s no big deal.

I helped her with everything she wasn’t able to do on her own and showed her some extra love. She didn’t seem to mind, in fact, she showered me with affection too and I think it’s really sweet.

She went to work the next Monday as if it was nothing and I wondered if it really wasn’t or if she played it off.
After a week I asked her and she told me that it hurts a bit but she has her medication and knowing Rose and I are safe, was totally worth it.

My love for her grew only more after hearing those words and I decided to look for engagement rings.
I know I want to marry her and I know I don’t want to wait too long anymore to ask her because every time I think about it, I get excited and want to ask her right that moment but I want it to be special, so I contained myself each time.

I saw a lot of beautiful rings but so far none that seems fitting for her.
There are a lot of very fancy and flashy rings but that doesn’t fit her personality. She isn’t one to go bragging about stuff to other people and I know she wouldn’t feel comfortable with such a ring and the last thing I want is for her to feel uncomfortable when wearing the engagement ring.

I also didn’t want it to be too pricy, not because I can’t afford that, hell, I would buy her the most expensive ring if she asked me to but because I know she wouldn’t like that as well.
With valuable things like these, it’s better to put them under insurance in case they get stolen or anything and therefore you get an expertise and I just know that when she would have a very expensive ring, she would feel bad.

So, I passed by the really expensive and flashy ones, looking at some more subtle ones. I wasn’t successful in finding one though but I still got some time.

She managed to get the time off, I wanted to take her and Rose to London and I am honestly pretty excited about it because I loved London and can’t wait to show it to them.
Our flight will take a long while, so we decided to have an overnight flight. It’ll be easier, especially because we can put Rose to bed and don’t have to entertain her for eight hours.

I’m currently packing my suitcase for the flight tonight while Rose is playing in her room and y/n is at the doctors.
I offered to go with her but she declined, telling me I can pack my suitcase and don’t have to stress about another appointment today.

I’m trying my best to concentrate on packing but my mind wanders off to y/n every few minutes, wondering how she’s doing and what the doctor is saying.
She said it’s feeling way better and I really hope she can get rid of the cast soon because there are enough moments where it definitely frustrated her and I hate seeing her that way.

I don’t know if it’s just general care of if it’s my motherly instinct but whenever I see her with that cast, I wanna hug her and take care of her. But she’s a grown woman and can do most things by herself.

Rose comes running into the bedroom.
“Mommy, can we put Mr. Mouve into my backpack?” She asks, holding up her stuffed octopus. I smile softly at her.

“Of course, we can, sweetheart. You want him to stay with you on the flight, right? Then he has to be in your backpack.” I tell her and she nods happily and skips away.

A little smile forms on my lips at her happy, carefree state.
Rose had trouble with being on airplanes and I really tried a lot but nothing really seemed to work until y/n and Rose flew to LA and suddenly, Rose didn’t seem to mind because y/n made sure to show Rose the cockpit and let her have a talk with the pilot.
I am honestly so thankful for that because it makes things easier.