Chapter 18: Casual Thursday

Pov y/n

The doorbell pulls me out of my thoughts and I smile at the customer who walked in.
I take his order and get it ready quickly. When the doorbell rings again I look up and am almost startled as I see the blonde woman with green eyes who I thought about a lot those past few weeks.
Scarlett smiles at me as she walks up to the counter. She orders a medium coffee with milk and a bit sugar and watches as I make it.

"What are you doing here?" I ask surprised while handing her the coffee and typing in her order.

"I dropped Rose off at school and have a bit of work to do and wanted a coffee to go with that. Since I liked the coffee here the last time so good, I thought why not come back?" She explains and pays for her coffee. I nod in acknowledgement and smile.

"Well, have a good time working." I wish her and she thanks me before looking for a table to sit on.
My eyes follow her and watch as she sits down and gets out a laptop to do her work on.
I don't quite know what she has to do on her laptop though because I know now that she's an actress and for acting you don't need a laptop. Maybe she has to answer some emails or has an online interview.

I decide to not longer think about it and am distracted by incoming customers. Jesse soon joins me after stoking up everything and unpacking the deliveries. I glance over to Scarlett every once in a while, seeing her typing on her laptop and sipping on her coffee.

After a while I make my way around the shop, seeing if any customer needs a refill or wants anything. Everyone is good, so my last stop is Scarlett. I notice her cup is empty and wait for her to look up at me, not wanting to disturb her work.

"Do you need a refill?" I ask with a smile.

"That would be really great. Can you make it the same as the last one?" She gives off her order and I nod, taking her cup with me to put it in the dishwasher. I make her another coffee and bring it to her table. She already has her wallet out and gives me the money.

"Thank you for being so attentive." She says and smiles at me. Her smile always makes me happy and my heart makes a small jump because I am the reason of this smile.

"Of course. If you need anything else, just come to the counter or call for me." I offer and she nods before taking a sip from her coffee. An approving hum leaves her mouth.

"You really know how to make a coffee." She praises and I blush a little at the uncommon compliment.

"Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy it." I say before giving her a small wave and going back behind the counter where Jesse waits for me.

"Isn't that the woman you went on a not-date with?" He asks and wiggles his eyebrows. I try to brush it off with a shrug but can't help but to grin.

"How is it going between you two? Did you have any more not-dates?" He asks, his work forgotten while his eyes dart from Scarlett to me.

"It's going...good I think. And yes, we saw each other a few more times but nothing happened and I don't even know if she likes women." I sigh and turn to wipe the counter. Jesse seems to think about my answer, a little unsatisfied with it.

"Do you like her though? You know, in that way?" He asks and watches me clean before sorting something himself. I know his question isn't if I like women in general, it's if I like Scarlett in specific.

I mean I do. Every time she smiles at me, I get happy too and when she locks eyes with me, I get lost in hers. I like seeing them sparkle with happiness or adoration for Rose.
Whenever she compliments me, I feel the butterflies in my stomach go crazy and my cheeks start to heat up.
She makes me nervous and calm at the same time. Her laugh is just addictive and I want to hear it daily because it cheers me up.