Chapter 47: Scarlett's birthday

Pov y/n 

It may not have been smart to stay up until midnight when I have work the next day but I don't regret it at all.
Okay, maybe a little bit because I was extremely tired when I had to get up but after a few cups of coffee, I am more awake and good to go.

It was totally worth it to wish Scarlett a happy birthday as one of the first people though.
I thought about calling her but she was probably asleep and I didn't want to wake her up, so I sent her a voice message and a text.

I smile when I read over her reply to my wishes that consist out of multiple thank you's and a light scold that I shouldn't stay up this late.
Well, still worth it.

The shift at the coffeeshop feels longer than usual, even though we have quite a lot customers today but I'm just too excited and a bit nervous for Scar's birthday party tonight.

We talked about the details over the weekend and I helped her set up everything. It was obvious that she was a bit stressed and I did my best to help her.
Rose also seemed to sense the slightly tensed atmosphere because she was really sweet and didn't interfere with Scarlett's and my cleaning.

The party will start today at around six and go on until midnight, although from the moment Rose goes to bed, it will be a bit quieter, so she can sleep.
I will probably go home between ten and eleven because I have to work tomorrow.
Scarlett and I already discussed this and she insisted on calling me an uber for the ride home.

It took me a little while to figure out what I could gift her but I eventually found something that I'm very happy with and I'm excited to see her reaction.

When work is finally over, I go home and clean up a little, knowing that Florence will stay over the next two days.
I let some music play and hum along while dancing through my apartment.

Around an hour later, I get a text message and smile when I see that it's from Florence and that she is here. I buzz her in and when she comes into my sight, she beams at me and pulls me into a warm hug that I happily return.

"Thank you for letting me stay with you." She says and lets go of me. The duffle bag she had with her lays next to her on the ground and I gesture towards my apartment.

"You're welcome." I say and lead her inside. She looks around and smiles when she sees the coloring book Rose left here.

"I like your place, it's very nice." She says and I sit down on my couch, giving her a smile.

"Thank you. I really like it as well." I agree and she smiles at me.

"Your kitchen looks a little small though." She observes and walks around my little kitchen area. I chuckle a little.

"Should I be offended by that?" I ask and she shakes her head quickly.

"No, not at all. It's just that I love cooking and therefore prefer bigger kitchens, that's it." Flo explains and I nod, not being mad at her. She comes to sit next to me and leans back.

"This couch is really comfortable." She says with a smile and takes a pillow to hug it.

"I agree, it really is very comfortable." I smile and watch as she mindlessly plays with the pillow.

"About the sleeping arrangement. I don't mind sleeping on the couch, especially if it's as comfortable as this one." She adds with a little grin. I playfully roll my eyes but shake my head.

"You don't have to. If you don't mind, we can both sleep in my bed, it's big enough for two." I share my thoughts and she thinks about it a few seconds before nodding.