Chapter 65: Night out

TW: alcohol

Pov y/n

The first week of my new job is done and it went better than expected. I got a bigger project on the second day that I worked on with Brooke.
When we went to the lab, I meet Jordan and Brendon and they are nice and fun. We joked around a bit and I feel comfortable around them.

The lunchbreak was also enjoyable because they showed me a nearby café that also sells sandwiches and stuff like that. It reminded me a bit of Jesse and I texted him, asking him how it's going.

We chatted for a bit and he asked if I wanted to go to a bar with him this Saturday. I said yes and since then I'm looking forward to it.
We never met in private but I guess that's because we saw each other every day and therefore talked about everything new then.

Working for OFI is in some ways less exhausting than my jobs before because I don't have to ride the subway through the city in my lunchbreak and actually get to have a break.
Brooke and I finished our project just in time on Friday, so I can go into the weekend with a good feeling.

It was always nice to come home after work because Scarlett was there and she always smiled at me or gave me a hug when she wasn't working herself at the moment.
When we went to bed, she let me talk about my day and always listened, softly smiling and playing with my hair. She just makes me feel so loved and cared for and it makes me incredibly happy.

Rose's school started the day after my first day at work. She was excited to see her friends again and told us about everyone's holidays over dinner that night.
Sometimes when I came home, she was in her room, doing her homework and after saying hello to Scar, I went upstairs to greet Rose. She was always excited to see me and sometimes asked me to help with her homework.

On other days she either didn't have any homework or already did them, so she was playing in her room or in the living room. I played with her for a little while before relaxing on the couch or helping Scarlett to run some errands.
We already have a little routine that we all seem very happy with and every time I think about it, my heart fills with so much love. We really became a little family and nothing could make me happier.

It's also nice to run errands with Scarlett because it's something so common that we never did together but with her by my side, it still feels special.

This weekend, Rose has her Dad-weekend, so Scarlett and I are alone. She knows about my plans to go to a bar with Jesse today and was very happy for me.

I'm currently getting dressed and look into the mirror, happy with my outfit. I settled on some jeans, a shirt with a bit cleavage and a cardigan over it. I'll put on some boots when I'm heading out. This seems like a good outfit to go to a bar with and have a few drinks with a friend.

I go downstairs and find Scar sitting in the living room, scrolling on her phone but when she notices me, she throws it onto the couch and turns around, leaning onto the backrest and scanning my outfit. I twirl around once, so she can take a look at the whole outfit and I can tell that she likes it.

She makes little grabby hands and I step closer to the couch. As soon as she can reach me, she hooks her fingers through my beltloops and pulls me closer.
From here I can see that she's sitting on her knees right now.
Her eyes look over me again and I catch her eyes lingering on my cleavage. It's not too wide, just a bit wider than a usual one. A tiny smirk tugs on her lips and when she makes eye contact with me, she grins a bit.

"Having something in mind?" I ask and raise my eyebrows playfully.

She nods and hums a bit, her eyes darting back to my chest. If any other person would look at my chest like that, I would tell them to stop but she's my girlfriend and I don't mind at all, so I let it be.