Chapter 97: Lost

TW: panicking a little

Pov y/n

Scarlett's film shooting started, so it is only Rose and me.
Since we're in London for about a week now, I can navigate through the streets without Scarlett's help most of the time.

We did a lot of sightseeing over the last week and even though Rose was always good and barely complained, enjoying it as well, it is obvious that she's sick of it and wants to do something more fun.
I get that though because when I was on vacations with my parents back in the days, I always got bored when they wanted to look at a city, so I have a lot of respect for Rose being so patiently about it.

Yesterday, Rose and I went to a playground where she could get some energy out and I enjoyed watching her run around and play with other kids. She never got tired of mentioning the different accent they have.

First, she found it funny but now she thinks it's fancy and tries to copy it, which makes me laugh a little because it's adorable.
I tried the accent as well but failed miserably and when we showed our 'skills' to Scarlett that night, she couldn't stop laughing, more because of me though than Rose.

Of course, Scar nailed the British accent and I huffed but she wrapped her arms around me and kissed my shoulder, assuring me that I'll get there if I only tried hard enough.

Today, Rose and I actually wanted to walk along the Thames and look at the ships because Rose finds them fascinating but it started raining pretty much when we woke up and we weren't in the mood to get soaked.
So, I used Google and found an arcade that's not that far away from our hotel.

We are on our way and Rose has a chat with the driver, asking him about driving on the wrong side of the street. He chuckles and explains to her that it is normal for them. Rose listens and shakes her head a little, not understanding how someone could do that.

We arrive and get out of the cab. I quickly pay and we hurry under the little roof over the entrance.
I take Rose's hand, not quite sure what will expect us on the inside and not wanting to lose her.

We step into a lobby kind of room with a counter in the center, a woman smiling at us.
To our right there are lockers where people can put their bags or jackets in and I already know, that we will put our stuff in there because it's warmer in here than outside.

"Welcome to the Fun Zone." The woman smiles kindly and I lead Rose to the counter.
She can barely look over it and tries to stand on her tippy toes but still can't see a lot. I carefully pick her up and she smiles at the lady.

"Hello." Rose greets happily and the woman smiles a little wider.
"Is it your first time visiting?" She asks and I nod.

"Alright, then about rules. You can buy coins here or at the coin counter inside. You can put a coin into a machine or game to start it, money doesn't work and won't be accepted. If you decide you have enough but still have coins, you can switch them back into money.
We have three main rooms. The biggest one contains all the arcade games and machines. Then we have a small restaurant, in case you get hungry. There you can pay with money.
And the last room is a small indoor playground with slides and a big ball pit." The woman explains and Rose's eyes light up at each word, especially at the ball pit.

"There also is a bowling center in this building but you have to pay extra there. When playing games, you can win tickets and cash them in for a prize when you're done. The prizes are over there."
She points to our left where a big glass window gives us a perfect view over a bunch of toys or smaller items.

Rose's eyes are glued to the window while the woman tells me about some safety rules and where the bathrooms are.

"I think you know everything now. Do you want to buy some coins here or in the arcade room?" She asks and I decide to buy them here.