Chapter 92: Strawberries and loose teeth

Pov Scarlett

Being home again honestly feels pretty good.
Not that I don’t like the house in LA, it’s great and filming was so much fun and it was nice to see so many of my friends and colleagues again but it’s just different.
I guess there really is no place like home.

It’s been two weeks since I took y/n to the movie premier and ever since, there were a lot more articles about us and my manager told me that it would be smart to give an interview to answer at least a few questions.

I agreed and talked it through with y/n before going to that interview.
I wanted to be sure what I am allowed to say and what she prefers to stay between us.

After the interview, a lot of random assumptions stopped, which I am glad about because even though she doesn’t care and neither do I, I don’t like people assuming things about my girlfriend that are completely wrong.

It feels really nice to be able to see her again.
The time in LA was kinda hard because I missed her a lot and even though I was really busy, I wished for nothing more than for her to be in my bed at night, so I could cuddle into her and tell her about my day.

Our phone calls helped a little with that but it’s just not the same as having her beside me.

We found our routine again, with me bringing Rose to school in the morning, doing some work while she’s in school and picking her up afterwards. Sometimes she was with friends and I brought here there too.
Y/n is also working again and I can tell she really loves this job and it makes me genuinely happy that she found something she loves doing.

On weekdays, she spends the afternoon with us most of the time and goes back to her apartment after that.
The weekends, she pretty much spends here and I love that because I get to fall asleep and wake up next to her.

I totally understand that she still has her own apartment and everything and even though one could say she practically already lives here, why not move in? I disagree.

Sure, she is here pretty often and I have quite a lot of her clothes here but it’s still different because she has the chance to go back to her apartment when she needs some silence or time to herself, which is totally normal and healthy.

Rose absolutely loves the treehouse y/n built for her and I bought her a little box for toys and blankets up there. Lately, she pretty much spends most her time up there and it makes me happy to see.
I am so proud of y/n for managing to build this with no experience.

It's Saturday morning and I feel her shuffle a little next to me in bed and smile, just knowing she is there.
Her breathing becomes a little louder and I can tell she is awake now.

I keep my eyes closed, too lazy to open them just now.
The matrass next to me dips down and I have to suppress a smile when I feel her breath on my cheek before her lips softly kiss me.
She places kisses all over my face and I can’t help it but to smile and open my eyes. She looks at me with those beautiful y/e/c (your eye color) eyes that seem to sparkle with love and I wonder how I got so lucky.

“Good morning, love bug.” She whispers and kisses my forehead.
Little butterflies erupt inside my stomach at the name and her gentle lips.

“Good morning, angel.” I reply and she smiles brightly at me before kissing my nose, making me scrunch it up a little. I lift my hand and brush some hair out of her face.

“I could get used to waking up like this.” I whisper and she smiles and lays down, her head resting on my chest. My hand moves to her hair and I wave it through it.

“Like what?” She asks and kisses my collarbone, a little teasingly.

“Kisses being placed all over my face by my beautiful girlfriend and seeing your face first thing in the morning.” I reply and glance down to see her cheeks blushing a little.