Chapter 17: Good morning

Pov y/n

When I wake up, I'm a little confused for a second, this isn't my bed. I look around the room and my mind remembers last night, I'm at Scarlett's. In her guest bedroom to be exact.

I rest my head back on the soft pillow and stare up at the ceiling, this bed is way to comfortable to leave it. The pillow and blanket are both fluffy and the matrass is not too hard nor to soft.

A content sigh leaves my mouth, I wish I could stay here forever but I can't.
I take my phone, that's charging on one of the nightstands and look at the time. It's 8:14 am, a reasonable time to wake up and compared to my wake up time within the week, almost late.

For a few more minutes, I stay in bed but eventually get up. My clothes from yesterday are on a sideboard next to a mirror. I get up and walk over there. When I see myself in the mirror, I stop and look at myself, a small smile growing on my lips at the sight.
I'm wearing a shirt from Scarlett and short sweatpants.

Since the stay was spontaneous, I didn't have any sleeping clothes. Scarlett instantly offered me some of her clothes and I took the offer. I pull up the shirt a little and her smell hits my nose. It's a mix of lavender and something fruity.
I can't quite say what it is but I really like it, it kinda calms me down.

With another sigh, I let go of her shirt and walk over to the sideboard. I wish I could keep wearing her shirt but I can't, I have to get into my own clothes again. I'm dressed quickly and fold her clothes and put them on the bed, not knowing where else to put them.

When I walk downstairs, I can hear some chattering in the kitchen and the noises of someone making breakfast.
I turn around the corner and the smile reappears on my face at the sight in front of me.
Scarlett is standing behind the kitchen counter, whisking something in a bowl while Rose is sitting on it, telling her mother about a dream she had.

Scarlett spots me first and smiles at me, not wanting to interrupt Rose in her story. But Rose seems to notice the attention shift of her mother and her head turns to look at me.
Her face lights up and, with a little help from her mother, she hops off the counter and runs up to me.

I crouch down and she embraces me in a hug. This kid really is the sweetest and I sometimes wonder how she trusts me this fast and always runs to hug me but I really don't mind it. In fact, I think it's pretty cute.
Since the story is now interrupted, Scarlett speaks up.

"Good morning, y/n. How did you sleep?" She asks and smiles at me.

I return the smile and go to get back up but Rose keeps her arms around me, grinning at me. Getting the hint, I pick her up and walk over to Scarlett with her who looks at us with sparkling eyes.

"I slept amazing, that bed is the best I ever slept in." I answer and she chuckles at my maybe a little exaggerated answer.

"I'm glad you slept so well." She says with a grin and puts the bowl down.

"It was one of the best sleeps I had in my life." I chuckle as well but it really was pretty great.

"Well, maybe then you should sleep here more often." Scarlett says, something lighting up in her eyes and a smirk forms on her lips.

"I'd love to." I continue the joking, or was she for real?
Just at the thought of her wanting me here makes little butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"How did you sleep though?" I ask in return and watch as she gets out a pan and puts it on the stove.
I look down at Rose when she shifts a little. Rose is beaming up at me and leans her head against my shoulder.

"I also slept good, thank you." Scarlett answers and starts to make the pancakes. I watch her do it and as she notices it, she smiles at me a little unsure.