Chapter 71: Furniture shopping

A/n: Update out of the ordinary but I wanted to inform you all, that I posted the first chapter of a smut book, so you can send me requests or wishes. Just wanted to let you know.
Feel free to check it out ;D 

Pov y/n

There's a bitter sweet feeling inside me as I close the carton and look around my empty closet one last time.
This is it, the last moments in my first apartment in New York.
I push the box out of the closet and look at the desk and the bed.
It looks so empty without sheets and any kind of decoration. I spent a good time in here but everything comes to an end eventually. Even though I spent about the last month at Scarlett's house, it still feels weird to move out of this apartment.

With a sigh, I take the box and walk down the stairs into the living room. My eyes scan over every thing one last time, looking if I forgot anything but it doesn't seem so.
Everything in here was here when I moved in, nothing here belongs to me anymore.

I look to Scarlett, who's standing in the little hallway, waiting for me. She doesn't rush me and lets me say goodbye to this apartment.
I remember the first time she and Rose visited me here and how excited I was. That night was amazing and even though I leave this place, I will take the memory with me.

I walk over to Scarlett and on the way there, I grab the keys from the counter. Scarlett smiles softly at me and takes the box from my hands. I smile at her in thanks and look around once more, before we walk out and I close the door, locking it.

"This is it." I mumble and look at the door for a few more seconds before I turn around and follow Scarlett downstairs.

As agreed with the landlord, I throw the keys into the mailbox and leave the apartment building.
One last time, I glance up at it before I go to the car, where Scar puts the box into the trunk, next to the others.
I don't have a lot of belongings, which makes moving easier but still a few and we decided to pack them up and bring them to Scarlett's place for now.

We have plans to go to a furniture store later today, where we will buy everything I need in my new apartment. But before we do that, we have to pick up Rose from her sleepover.

We drive in silence, only the radio playing quietly.
I'm in thoughts, thinking about how fast everything happened since I moved here. I never would have dared to dream, to find such an amazing job so soon after moving here but I did.
And to top it off, it also pays enough for me to afford an apartment relatively close to my girlfriend's residence.

Scarlett's right hand rests on my thigh, giving me some comfort. I glance over to her, she's concentrating on the traffic, her side profile as beautiful as ever.
She seems to notice me looking at her because a small smile tugs on her lips and she squeezes my thigh lightly.

"Are you sad to leave your apartment behind?" She asks and side glances at me before looking back at the street.

"A little, yeah. It was the first apartment I ever lived in all by myself. Back in college I lived in a dorm, so that doesn't count." I tell her and she smiles again.

"That is a big step." She agrees and holds at a redlight. "I am so proud of you for building up a life here in New York, it's really not easy but you still did it."
I blush a little at her genuine tone and put my hand over hers, giving it a little squeeze.

"Thank you. I am also proud of myself and even though I am a little sad to leave my apartment behind, I am excited to move." I say and she smiles before continuing to drive.

"I can imagine. It's always exciting to move and especially when the apartment is so nice." She adds and I smile, leaning my head against the seat and humming in agreement. We stay silent for the rest of the drive.