Chapter 83: Black Widow and L.A.

TW: Vormir

Pov y/n

After the argument with Rose's dad, I was worried that he would really forbid me to see Rose but luckily he didn't.
He probably realized that it would hurt Rose a lot too and didn't want that. What didn't happen though, was Rose calling me that night so I could read a story to her.

Time passed and I found my routine.
I would go to work, then back to my apartment and then to Scarlett's house to continue working on the treehouse. It's going pretty great honestly and it won't be long anymore, until I can finally show it to Rose.
I wanted to wait until I finished building it before letting her see it.

Therefore, she knows nothing about the process and for once, her puppy dog eyes couldn't fool me and I stayed strong and didn't tell her anything else apart from the fact that it's going good.

When I get home after that, it's kinda late most of the time and I just make dinner and read a little or chat with Scar before going to sleep.

I had a long talk with her about how we're going to manage traveling to LA, since Rose isn't a fan of planes. And even though I assured her it's okay, Scarlett said she doesn't want me to handle Rose on an endlessly long train ride to LA with an overnight stop in between.

We don't want to make Rose uncomfortable or invalid her fear but we decided on flying there.
My eyes grew big when Scar said she would hire a private jet to fly me and Rose over.
I instantly declined, telling her it's way too expensive but she waved it off and said that it will be better for Rose.
Then we don't have to deal with a bunch of other people around us and I can fully concentrate on Rose and comforting here.

Besides, the jet allows her to move around during the flight, which may distract her from the fact that we're flying.

We also talked pretty long about the money the flight will cost.
Scarlett didn't tell me the amount but I can imagine it to be very high and it feels weird that she spends so much money on me.
But she assured me that she can afford it with no problem and that it is also for Rose, so it's not only for me.
That actually helped me a little bit but it still made me overthink.

I know I can't afford to pay the flight but I wanna pay at least something, so Scar and I agreed on me paying for the total costs of food and drinks, which are set beforehand, so I know what's coming. The price is fair and I can afford it.
It also makes me feel better because I know I paid for something as well.

I told Rose during one of our swim lessons about the flight and also assured her that I will be with her the whole time and that she doesn't have to worry about anything because her mom will hire the best pilots and we will be safe. That seemed to ease her a little and she didn't discuss the topic any further.
I could tell she was still a bit nervous but I did my best to comfort her while giving her space to process.

Luckily, I was able to get the time off that we will spend in LA but I promised to respond to emails in case I am needed.

Since Rose will be spending over a week with me and Scarlett, her dad wanted to spend the weekends before that with his daughter, which meant that she wouldn't stay at my place over one of the weekends.
It annoyed me a bit, especially because Scarlett told me that Rose wasn't too happy about it but it was okay. She will stay over the night before we're headed to the airport, because it's easier.

It's currently Tuesday, two days before we're headed to LA and it's pouring outside, so I wasn't in the mood to go to Scarlett's to work on the treehouse. It is pretty much done anyway, the only thing that's left to do is painting it and that's something I can do another day, maybe tomorrow if the weather allows it.