Chapter 63: New Year

Pov y/n

I wake up to kisses being placed all over my face and just enjoy the feeling while lying there, my eyes still closed, so Scarlett doesn't stop. But when the corners of my lips lift a little bit, she stops for a few seconds.

"Are you awake?" She asks with her raspy morning voice that I love just as much as everything else about her. I shake my head and feel her shift next to me.

"Too bad, I was gonna ask if you wanna cuddle but I suppose if you're still asleep..." She trails off and it feels like she's moving away from me.

I quickly open my eyes and see her sitting on the edge of the bed, her back to me. I move to her and wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her to lay next to me. She giggles a bit before turning around.

"Maybe I am awake." I say and she brushes some hair out of my face, pure love in her eyes.

"Good morning, my angel." She says and smiles.

"Good morning, cuddle bug." I reply and cuddle closer to her, wrapping my arms around her.

Her hands move to my back, on which she starts to draw random patterns. I hum happily at that feeling and she kisses my hair in response.

We stay like this for a while and I faintly can hear her heartbeat that's calm and steady and almost lulls me to sleep again.
But before I can fall asleep, I move a little and hold myself up above her, smiling down at her.

She easily returns the smile and her fingers move from my back over my neck to my jaw and my face. The movements are slow and she watches them.
Her fingertips trace over my features, from my jaw over my cheek and cheekbone, up to my eyebrow and down my nose again, ending on my lips. Her eyes follow along and when she takes her finger away, she leans up and places a gentle kiss on my lips that gives me butterflies.

"Last day." She whispers and I look at her in confusion and raise my eyebrows in question.

"Of the year." She adds and now my brain catches up and I nod.

"Tomorrow's gonna be a new year, that I hope to spend with you by my side." I say and kiss her. She beams up at me before I roll off her and sit up. Scarlett sits up as well.

"I hope so too." She replies and for a few more seconds, we gaze into each other's eyes. Then I get up and walk to the closet to pick out an outfit.

I stayed here since Christmas because I don't have to work and spending my time alone at my apartment is boring, I would have come over then anyways, so I simply stayed.
My clothes found space in Scarlett's closet, although she still prefers if I wear her clothes, which I don't mind at all.

Today's outfit is a mix between her sweater and my jeans.
When I change, I can feel her eyes on me and once I put the sweater on, I turn around and smirk, seeing her full attention on me.

"My eyes are up here." I tease and point towards my face. She grins smugly and nods, her eyes still looking over my body.

"I know." She replies and I huff in fake offense.

"You rather watch my body than my face?"
Now she looks up at me and slowly gets up.

"Well, depends on if you're dressed or not." She teases and I cross my arm, pretending to pout.

"How rude." I scoff a little and she laughs before her hands find a rest on my sides.

"You know it would be the same if it were the other way around." She grins and pecks my lip.

"It wouldn't." I say but can't help the little smile on my lips, giving away my lie.

She only hums and lets her hands slide down over my hips until they touch my bare thighs and I shudder a little. Her eyes stay on mine this time and I see a bit of mischief in them. Slowly but surely, her hands travel to the inside of my thighs and my breath hitches in my throat.