Chapter 69: Cloud 9

Pov y/n

I grin a little when I hear Scarlett entering the house, she just dropped Rose off at a sleepover. Her steps tell me she's walking into the living room and a few seconds later she appears in my view. It seems like she's confused that she doesn't find me on the couch where I sat before she drove Rose to her friend's house.

"Looking for someone?" I ask and she spins around, looking surprised to find me in the kitchen.

"What are you doing in the kitchen, baby?" She asks and approaches me. I smile at her and kiss her softly.

"Well, I thought I'd surprise you with dinner." I explain and her eyes light up and she looks around before she finds the casserole in the oven.

"The surprise was successful." She smiles and turns back around to face me, a happy expression on her face.

"That's all I hoped for." I reply and pull her closer to me to wrap my arms around her waist while her arms rest on my shoulders.
"I wanted us to have a special night before it's too late." I explain and lean my forehead against hers.

It's been a week since I was sick and the week passed by way too fast for my taste because it means we only have one more week until Scarlett leaves and I am not ready for that. Okay, I might never will be but still.
Scar rubs her nose against mine affectionately before kissing my lips shortly.

"You're sweet and I love it." She whispers and pecks my lips again. My lips tug into a wide smile and I burry my head in her neck, smelling her personal note, the lavender-fruity mix becoming my favorite smell in the world.
Her fingers play with the hair in my back and for a while we just stay like this, enjoying the moment and the closeness.

Eventually, we let go of each other because I have to get the casserole out of the oven.
While I do that, Scarlett sets the table and I smile when I see she lights a candle and dims the light a little bit. I plate the food and carry them over to the table, watching Scarlett filling two glasses with water.
We both sit down, opposite of each other and I smile at how excited she seems to be over the food, it's adorable.

Her eyes sparkle with excitement and the candle flame between us mirrors in her eyes, making them seem a little mysterious.
Due to the dimmed light, the green of her orbs is a little darker, more of a forest green than the usual emerald green.
But no matter which shade of green they have, they still have the ability to pull me into their ban and I could get lost in the green of her eyes forever.

"Getting lost again?" She pulls me out of my gaze, her tone soft but a tiny smirk on her lips. I hum and need a second to come back from my thoughts and blush a tiny bit.

"Maybe. But can you blame me? You have the most magical eyes." I defend myself, making her smile wide and grab my hand that's on the table.

"I guess I can't blame you then but for me, you are the one with the magical eyes." She compliments back and I feel my cheeks heating up again at her compliment.
One could think that I shouldn't blush anymore when my girlfriend compliments me but I do because it's always so genuine and gives me little butterflies.

"This little freckle in your left eye, it just makes you special and I love it so much." She explains softly and squeezes my hand. I bite my lip to hold back the huge smile that wants to form on my lips.

"I love you so much." I reply and her eyes soften even more.

"I love you too." She says and rubs her thumb over my knuckles.
We gaze into each other's eyes for a moment longer until we turn our attention to the food in front of us. I watch as she takes a bite. She hums and closes her eyes for a second.