Chapter 90: Lizzie's wedding

Pov y/n

Calm music starts to play and I watch as Robbie walks down the aisle, standing next to the priest and expectantly looking back at the chalet.

Next are the best men and bridesmaids and I hold my breath, watching as Scarlett walks towards the arch.
She looks beautiful and for a few moments I imagine how it would be if she walked down the aisle as the bride while I wait for her at the arch or altar.

But I pull my imagination away from that thought, wanting to be present in this moment. Scarlett smiles happily, which I return before she takes her place next to the priest as well.

The music changes and everyone turns around.
I press my lips together when I see Rose in her little dress and now with a very neat hairstyle walking down the aisle, concentrated on spreading the flower pedals.

She looks so grown up and small at the same time and seeing her like this makes me tear up a little.
Rose looks up and sees her mom at the end of the aisle. For a short moment she forgets her job and smiles, giving a little wave that Scar returns and in the crowd there are multiple 'aww's audible.

Now Rose also looks for me and grins when she sees me before continuing her way down. When she reaches the middle of the aisle, everyone looks back again because Lizzie steps out of the chalet.

She looks incredibly beautiful in her white dress that flows down her body. The smile on her face couldn't be wider and she holds a bouquet of light pink and white flowers in her hands, matching Rose's dress and the flower pedals.
Slowly and gracefully, she walks down the aisle, her dad next to her, guiding her.

I feel the first tear drop from my eyes, I quickly get emotional at those kinds of events.
When I look back to the front, I see Rose reaching the priest. She looks to her mom, who smiles and takes the basket, putting it behind her before Rose turns around and quickly makes her way over to me before Lizzie crosses her way.

Seems like Scarlett talked to her about what to do. Rose looks at me excitedly and proud about her job at this wedding and I wrap my arm around her.
She knows not to talk or whisper now but I can tell that she will tell us all about walking down the aisle.

Lizzie reaches the front now and her dad kisses her cheeks before giving her hand to Robbie and Lizzie gives the flowers to one of her sisters.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to join Lizzie and Robbie." The priest begins and talks further about marriage and how wonderful it is.

My eyes dart from the couple to Scar and I notice she is looking at me as well, a soft smile on her face and her eyes full of love.
I smile back the same way before we both look back to Lizzie and Robbie.
The priest says something about marriage being magically and Rose nudges my arm a little, grinning up at me and I smile, kissing her temple.

The ceremony continues and when they say their vows, I tear up again, caught up in the moment and so happy for them.
Flo hands me a tissue and when I look over to her, she's also wiping her eyes.

I wipe away some tears and when Rose notices me crying, she looks at me a little worried. I can tell she wants to say something but she knows that this isn't the right moment, so she climbs onto my lap, facing the ceremony, and takes my hands, giving them a little squeeze.

I cry a little more at how sweet she is, just generally emotional right now and wrap one arm around her, holding her close and preventing her to slip down. She leans back against me and I smile a little, wiping a few tears away with my other hand.

Scarlett's eyes shortly dart over to us again and I can see that she is tearing up as well. It kinda makes me think how our wedding would look like, both of us crying happy tears while reading our vows probably.