Chapter 27: Hot

Pov y/n

I groan and push the covers away from me, my body already feeling warm enough.
After a quick look at the clock, I sigh, it's 8 am and already really warm.
I don't know how warm it is outside but it is definitely too warm in my apartment.

My phone tells me today it will be 36°C and I groan again, that's way too hot for my taste. How am I supposed to spend a day in that heat?
I can't spend the whole day in my apartment, it'll heat up even more and I will suffocate in here.

Okay, that might be a little exaggerated but still, it's not the best place.
And the parks will be full on a sunny Saturday and probably also too hot.
The pool will be more than full and I don't need to share my personal space with sweaty strangers.

The thought of cooling water is nice though but where else could I go?

Suddenly I remember that Scarlett has a pool and invited me to come over when I want to.
I switch to my messenger and text her. Since it's kinda early, I don't expect her to answer quickly and am surprised when it takes no longer than five minutes for her to reply.

Y/n: Hey, I wanted to ask if it's okay if I come around today? It's really hot and you have a pool XD

 Scarlett: Yes, of course! We would love for you to come and hang out. You might have to share the pool with me and Rose though. ;D

Y/n: That won't be a problem. I'm looking forward to coming over today. Anything I can bring with me? Ice cream, water guns etc.?

 Scarlett: Uhh, yes! Ice cream would be great. Bring whatever flavor you like and if you're wondering, I love chocolate and Rose loves Strawberry. :D

Y/n: Alright, noted. XD Water guns? Or do you not want Rose to play with those, which would also be totally okay. :)

Scarlett: No, you can bring some. We don't have any though because whenever Rose had a water gun fight with her friends, they brought them.

 Y/n: Okay, I will pack everything then. When can I come?

Scarlett: Rose is not up yet and we have to eat breakfast first and run some errands, so 1 pm?

 Y/n: Sounds great! See you then <3

Scarlett: See you then <3

I smile at my phone like an idiot at the heart she just sent me, way too happy over the little emoji. But I don't care, I am allowed to be happy over that.

After a few more minutes of laying in bed, I get up and make my way down to the kitchen to make myself breakfast, noticing that I have to buy some groceries as well.
While I eat, I write a list with everything I need and add chocolate and strawberry ice cream onto it. I like both flavors and am happy with them.

I also add the water guns since I don't have any but I will buy some, I'm sure it'll be fun running around with Rose and Scarlett.
Since I worked so much those past few weeks, I can allow myself to buy them and still have enough saved to take Scarlett on a nice date.

After I am all set for the day, I grab my bags and make my way to the store. It's surprisingly empty, probably because most people don't want to do a lot today, which I totally understand. Even though it is still morning, the heat is already present and the thought that it will get even hotter, makes me sigh internally.

The store has quite a collection of water guns and I am tempted to buy the big ones but they are freaking expensive and too big for Rose to hold properly.

Eventually I pick three, they are all the same but in different colors. They are not too big but hold a good amount of water so we don't have to fill them up every few seconds.