Chapter 93: Florida

TW: injury, pain

Pov y/n

Rose's tooth fell out the night she discovered it was loose.
It happened shortly before dinner because she was worried that eating will be complicated and wiggled it a lot and a few minutes later, we heard her squeal in excitement, rushing to us to show us her tooth.

We put it into a tissue and I brought it upstairs with her.
She looked into the mirror and grinned, showing off her tooth gap.
Luckily, it didn't seem to hurt and she couldn't wait to show her mom.

So, we hurried downstairs and Rose ran into the kitchen, proudly showing off her new smile.
I could tell that Scarlett was kinda proud as well of our little girl.

All during dinner, Rose told us about what she could do with the dollar she'll get from the tooth fairy and started thinking about all the money she will make.

Her ideas made Scarlett and me chuckle a bit, her innocence and excitement being adorable.

After dinner, we had a coloring party, meaning we had music playing, only Disney songs, and either had a coloring book in front of us or drew something ourselves.
Rose had a blast and drew a picture of the tooth fairy, the way she imagines her.

We spent the Sunday in the park, enjoying the weather and walking around before stopping at a playground and letting Rose play there.

Monday I have a meeting with my chef at OFI and he tells me and the other three pretty exciting news.
The rest of the day, I am almost buzzing to go home and tell Scarlett because it's really great.

She has a photoshoot today, so she will be home a little later and Rose will stay at a friend's house after school.
I go back to my apartment, getting some things done and taking a shower before heading to Scarlett's house, knowing she will be there by now.

Since I still have a key to her house, I chose not to ring the doorbell and just use my key. I get out of my shoes.

"Babe?" Scarlett calls from somewhere in the kitchen or living room.

"Yes, it's me." I reply, so she knows it's not someone who just broke into her home.
When I walk into the room, she's just standing up and rounding the couch to greet me.

"Why the huge smile?" She asks, already smiling herself at my excitement.
I can't hold it any longer and run to her, jumping into her arms.
She huffs a little and takes a few steps back but catches me, her hands resting under my bum to keep my up as my arms and legs wrap around her body.

"Guess what?" I say, bouncing a little in her hold and she chuckles.

"What?" She asks, playfully squeezing my butt a little.

"I'm going to Florida!" I squeak and excitement mixed with confusion washes over her face.

"I think I need a little more context." She chuckles and kisses my cheek. I'm still super excited and can't keep still.

"I had a meeting with my boss this morning and he told Brooke, Jordan, Brandon and me that we got a new project and that it requires us to go to Florida to collect some samples there. I get to dive again!" I squeal and let out a cheer.
Scarlett's eyes widen and she spins us around with a huge smile on her face.

"That's. So. Amazing. Angel." She says, kissing my face in between words, making my heart skip a beat.

I grin at her and she smiles before peppering my face in kisses. I giggle but couldn't imagine a better feeling.
She stops her kiss attack and walks us over to the couch, sitting down with me straddling her lap.