Chapter 26: Little waitress

Pov y/n

I bounce on my feet a little as I wait for a specific person to arrive to the coffeeshop.
It's Wednesday now and it can only be a matter of minutes until Scarlett and Rose arrive.

When I talked to my boss on Monday, she was okay with Rose being behind the counter with me, as long as I make sure that we wash our hands and don't make anything dirty.
I texted Scarlett on my way to the aquarium that day and she seemed truly relieved over the message, knowing she has a solution to Rose's free day.

She also said, she and Rose will arrive around 8:15 am at the shop, which is a pretty good time because the first morning rush will be over by then.

It is now 8:15 am and my eyes dart to the clock every few seconds, excited to see them again.
After our phone call on Saturday, we only texted, which I'm fine with, we don't have to spend every second together.
Especially, since we're 'only' dating and are friends otherwise. I did get a few pictures on Sunday though because Rose wanted to keep me updated on their day, which is honestly very adorable.

I feel myself starting to fall more and more for Scarlett while my love for Rose grows as well. That little sunshine always melts my heart and she already has a place in my heart, right next to her mother.

A tap on my shoulder brings me back to reality and I look at Jesse who is smirking at me.

"Where were you with your thoughts? Or do you want me to guess?" He grins and wiggles his eyebrows. I swat his shoulder playfully and roll my eyes but smile.

"I was only thinking about my weekend and today." I explain and lean my hip against the counter.

"Oh, let me guess again." He says and makes kissing noises, which I roll my eyes at again.

"Not quite. After the date I told you about, we didn't see each other again. Besides, stop making fun of me. You and your crush are equally obsessed with each other." I point out with a grin and Jesse raises his hands in defense, a happy expression on his face.

"Fair enough. But he really is great and the fact that he even told his friends about me, makes it even more serious." Jesse says, nodding along with his words.

I give him a soft smile at the softness in his voice and how his eyes start to sparkle when he speaks about that young man. I hope he will have a great time with him and they will take the step to ask one another to be in a relationship together.

"I suppose, you might be a little distracted today?" He asks, bringing his attention back to me, not saying it in a condescending way.

"Yes, probably. But if you need me, please don't hesitate to tell me, I can bring Rose back to Scarlett and help you with your work." I tell him, meaning it as well.

"I know but I'll still try to give you as much time as possible." He says, patting my back with a smile.

"Thank you, I will return the favor at some point." I reply and smile as well as he waves it off.

Before I can say something else, he nods towards the door and only a second later, I hear the little doorbell and turn around, a wide smile spreading on my face.

I step around the counter as I see the little sunshine run towards me.
She launches herself into my arms and I catch her, spinning her around before putting her back down. She giggles and gives me a huge smile.

"Hey, big dolphin." She greets me and I crouch down to be the same height as her.

"Hey, little dolphin. Are you helping me a little bit today?" I ask and her eyes light up as she nods excitedly.