Chapter 78: Rumors

Pov y/n

I sit on a bench, sipping on a tea to go while waiting for Jesse and his boyfriend.
Jesse and I texted and he asked if I wanted to meet up and get to know his boyfriend. I agreed immediately, after all, Jesse talked so much about his boyfriend, that I have to get to know him.

When I see Jesse, I get up and smile when I see a man around his age with dark blond hair next to him.
They are holding hands and even from the distance I can tell, that his boyfriend is a little nervous. I smile at them and Jesse returns it while his boyfriend seems a little shy.

"Hey, it's so good to see you again." He says and lets go of his boyfriend's hand to hug me. I hug him back.
"It really is, it's been a while." I reply and he nods in agreement after letting go. Both our attentions shift to his boyfriend and Jesse hooks his arm around his.

"This is Rowan, my boyfriend." He introduces and the excitement in his voice is very cute.

"Hi, Rowan. I'm y/n, nice to finally meet you." I say and Rowan nods.
"Nice to meet you too." He replies.
We slowly start to walk.

"I've heard a lot about you." I say as we walk and Rowan looks from Jesse to me.
"Only good things I hope." He jokes lightly but a part of him seems genuine.
"Of course, Jesse only spoke about you in the best way." I assure him and he smiles at me, giving Jesse's hand a little squeeze.

"What did he tell you about me?" He asks interested and looks at me.
I grin a little and take another sip from my tea.

"Well, it started out as a crush in the gym and whenever there was a new milestone, he informed me about it. He could gush about you for hours and I am not saying that to tease him but he seems totally whipped for you. Well, maybe a little to tease him." I laugh a little when Jesse swats my arm but has a soft expression on his face, telling me he isn't actually mad.

"Oh, he totally is." Rowan agrees and grins a little at me.
"Now I feel like it wasn't a good idea to let you to meet." Jesse murmurs to himself but the amused sparkle in his eyes tells us he isn't serious.

"Hey, I didn't say anything embarrassing, I could also talk about the more...not kid friendly things you told me." I smirk a little and Jesse blushes faintly while Rowan nudges his shoulder.

"What did you tell her?" He asks and looks from Jesse to me as he doesn't answer.
"Oh, well. I mean, not really too much details, just that it is really good and that he thinks you're, and I quote, 'incredibly sexy'."
Rowan bites his lip to contain a smirk and raises his eyebrows at Jesse.

"Oh, come on, as if that's so unusual to say about a partner." He defends himself. "I'm sure, you'd describe your girlfriend as that as well."
I laugh a little and hold up my hands in surrender.
"Guilty but I don't say that to anyone else but her."

Jesse playfully rolls his eyes at me and I wink at him. Rowan laughs and the ice seems to be broken.
"He likes to talk a lot about people, that's true. He also talked about you." Rowan tells me and I nudge Jesse's shoulder.

"Aww, you talk about me?" I say with a playful flattered voice. Jesse sticks out his tongue at me.

"He does, at times to a point where I thought that he might have a crush on you." Rowan jokes and Jesse huffs, suppressing a smile.

"When did you two form an alliance against me?" He asks in fake offense and lets go of Rowan's hand to cross his arms in front of his chest.
"The moment you introduced us." I say and shrug, earning a laugh and an agreeing nod from Rowan.

Jesse grumbles something. Rowan uncrosses his arms and takes his hand again, giving it a gentle squeeze before kissing his cheek.
"You love us." He says and Jesse sighs dramatically and nods.
"Sure, okay." He agrees and I chuckle.