Chapter 98: Camping

A/n: Is it just a feeling or did the notification to the last update got lost?

Pov y/n

The gossip magazines loved that Scar and I were on a vacation together, there are numerous articles about it and a bunch of pictures of us exploring London.
Luckily, all those editors were considered enough to blur Rose’s face, at least something.

But honestly, I couldn’t care less about the gossip as long as it doesn’t affect Scarlett’s career or Rose’s life. Mine didn’t really change, apart from a bunch of strangers wanting to follow me on social media but I didn’t let them.

Being back at work felt nice after the two weeks of vacation and I was excited to hear, how far they’ve come with our projects.
I got right back into it and I have to say, Brooke, Jordan and Brandon, really grew to me and I love working with them and hanging around in our lunch breaks or after work.

Since Rose has no school due to summer vacation, she has a lot of free time to spend and since Scarlett is shooting her movie, Rose has a lot of playdates with friends or they go on little adventures, which mostly turn out to be the park but still.

At some point next week, Lizzie will come and stay for a while because she has a few days off work and wanted to visit her family in New York anyways.
Rose is super excited for that and Scar and I are also looking forward to it.

I’ve been chatting with Lizzie because with her being Scarlett’s best friend, I decided she was the right person to ask about what ring to buy.

I saw a few I really liked but couldn’t quite decide and one night, Lizzie called me and we had a long talk, considering each ring. She really is a great friend and I grew close with her as well.

Another good thing about her staying here is, that she can watch Rose, especially for my surprise on the 31st of July, which was the day I met Scarlett and Rose last year on the train. But more about that later.

Right now, I am packing a bag to go camping with the two of them.
And if you wondered if Scarlett has camping gear in her basement, no she doesn’t but she has friends who do, so we’re borrowing it from them.
Rose came up with the idea to go camping when she watched her favorite show and they went camping in an episode.

And because Scarlett and I both can’t deny Rose anything when she looks at us with those big puppy dog eyes, we agreed.

To be fair, we are also excited about this. I went camping a few times when I was a kid but that’s a couple of years ago but I remember loving it.
Scarlett booked us a spot at a natural campsite that’s a little outside of the city. 

Rose is excitedly running around the house, collecting things she thinks we will need.
I laugh a little when she holds up a roll of toilet paper to Scarlett.
Scar smiles and tells Rose that they have bathrooms with toilet paper there and Rose seems relieved and brings the roll back. Scarlett looks at me as I am snickering on the couch and grins a little.

The way to the campsite is a little longer but we’re occupying ourselves with music from the children’s channel and a lot of rounds of ‘I see something you don’t’.

For a while it also works pretty good to play ‘count the red, blue or yellow cars’. Turns out, there are a lot more blue cars than red and especially than yellow. Scarlett chuckles at our games while concentrating on the road.

Eventually, we arrive and I take care of the check in, so Scar won’t be kept up by someone. Of course, we have this booked under a different name, not wanting to draw attention to us because we just want to spend some time as a family.