Chapter Three - Laziness Interrupted

When Angela said that the Brave Saints would be done by the end of the week she really meant it as while Cebrail was lounging on a cloud and fishing off the side for winged rainbow fish and interesting goodies from the people below Adriel came to her.

"Miss Cebrail!" He called only to be ignored completely.

"Miss Cebrail! You've been chosen as one of the four promising youth Angels to get a set of Brave Saint cards!" Adriel announces loudly so that Cebrail could no longer ignore him.

"Just tell them to send it in the mail." Though no longer ignoring him she still kept her sights on the various clouds and flying fish below.

(Now that I think about it... what even is below the clouds, it's certainly not the Human World.) Cebrail thought curiously as she peered over the edge leaning her entire body forward.

Before she could go any further forward she was grabbed by the back of her collar and pulled back, "You and your mother are seriously too similar."

Finally looking back Cebrail was met with the dark and tired eyes of Adriel, her mothers assistant. Just as most Angels did he was rather beautiful even with the bags under his eyes with deep black hair which was ever so slightly spiky and a well defined yet skinny body.

Unlike Fallen Angels with lustful bodies that induced arousal, Angels took on far more innocent and pure looks which would make you want to give them head pats and cuddles. If only Adriel didn't always look so done with life he could probably get married to a fine young lady rather than being Gabriel's babysitter.

"Me and my mother are nothing alike."

"Really? You think so?"

"My mother is irrational."

"Weren't you just about to just off the edge of the cloud just to see what was at the bottom?"

"What? How did you know? Adriel... are you psychic???" Cebrail was astonished that he could have guessed her intentions just based on how she was looking over the edge.

"...Let me tell you now so you don't actually go jumping to your death, below heaven is the end of the world and below that is the Underworld. Between those two things however is the Dimensional Gap which you can't survive in as of yet."

"You mean there's technically a path directly to the Devils in Heaven? Isn't that a bit dangerous?"

Holding her by the back of her collar Adriel begins carrying her back towards the mansion with no effort at all.

"Not particularly. Devils aren't the savages they used to be and recently they've been attempting more peaceful negotiations."

"Then what about before?"

"Before they couldn't really attack either since this is the home of the Angels. Their weakness to holy powers was far more severe back then. Even a human with a blessed cross could in theory fend off a middle class Devil."

Cebrail thought on this for a few moments with a hand on her chin and seemed to come to a conclusion, "That's why summoning Demons was able to become a practice in the first place then right?"

"Indeed, though it was also because demons were often quite strict in the way they acted and unable to go against their nature."

"Oh I see, that's quite interesting... why don't we Angels have history like that?" Cebrail wonders curiously.

Pushing open the doors with his free hand the two enter the mansion alerting all of the servants, "Of course Angels do... though our history is... perhaps not the best."