Chapter 28 - Resolution of Strays

"If you don't tell me where the boy that damn old man Odin has been hiding is I'll slit this brats throat!" Buffy growled in rage holding Kojika's broken body up with a sharp claw at her neck.

Her face was bloodied and her arm was bent at a weird angle, by how still her body was one would probably assume Kojika was already dead. In truth she was just extremely close. Her life was disappearing as each second ticked by.

"..." Cebrail stared at Buffy blankly then looked at Kojika then looked at Buffy.

"Didn't you hear what I said!"

"Reginleif who is that girl?" Cebrail asked the young Valkyrie with confusion.

"I uhh... I don't actually know her name but she gave me directions the other day and sold Tosca and I some good food earlier..." Seeing Reginleif was unsure Cebrail turned to Tosca who shook her head.

"I-I don't really know her either but, but, we should still save her!" Tosca seemed resolute in not letting Kojika die.

"That much is obvious." Cebrail responded simply in response.

"Her names Kojika. Good kid but definitely not anything to write home about. Mediocre spiritual powers, mediocre physical strength, and mediocre skill." While her words were harsh Anna didn't mean for them to be insults exactly, in essence she was simply calling Kojika a mostly normal girl.

"I see..." Cebrail knelt down picking up a blade of grass and standing back up. Confusing Buffy as she inspected the grass casually.

(Is this really an Angel? How can she not care at all about this kid's life!?!) Buffy was both confused and outraged but with his mind distracted he could barely react to the sudden barrier forming around them.

"Don't try anything white winged brat!" Buffy goes to sink his claws deeper into Kojika's neck but in the same instant she vanishes from his grasp and appears laying down in front of Cebrail.

Buffy looked at Cebrail with narrowed eyes. He didn't understand how she did that but when he opened his hand, which had previously held Kojika's arm in its grip, what he found was a blade of grass.

(Teleportation? She's skilled enough to use teleportation magic so precisely and instantly?) Buffy of course was wrong to mistake what Cebrail did for being magic, though it was understandable given the amount of magic power he could smell on her. In truth what Cebrail did was change the property of the location of both Kojika and the blade of grass she had grabbed.

"Oh. She's actually dying..." Cebrail seemed a bit surprised that the small blue haired child was actually dying from all of her injuries. Since Cebrail wouldn't die from this much and Reginleif probably would only find it hard to move perhaps...

*COUGH* *COUGH*

Kojika coughed laboriously and spit up quite a bit of blood.

"Ahhh! Ms. Cebrail can't you heal her like you did for me?" Tosca asks frantically upon seeing Kojika quickly dying.

"Mmm... technically I could but she's just wounded, not starving or dying from a cause I can't fix immediately." Cebrail's calm and casual tone made Tosca look to her with wide pleading eyes.

"Don't look at me like that. I didn't say I wouldn't be helping her..." Cebrail forced Kojika's mouth open causing her to groan in pain. Slowly she brought her mouth closer to the blue haired girl as if she were going for a kiss.

"W-What are you doing!?!" Reginleif shouted with a blush on her face.

"Huh? Is that no good?" Cebrail said in confusion. Moving she stood up and hooked her fingers on either side of her jean shorts and began pulling them down revealing for just a moment that Cebrail seemed to not be wearing any underwear.