Chapter 62 - Conflict of Pride

"You can ask if you're curious." Cebrail said, looking at Elmenhilde from the corner of her eye.

"???"

"Indeed the truth is I cannot acquire Excalibur. Not just because I'm supposedly 'unworthy' but also because I simply can't use it."

"Oh..." The truth was Elmenhilde wasn't all that curious at all as to why Cebrail didn't get Excalibur, but it was pretty nice seeing the Seraphim Princess acting so childish. It was sort of like a kid saying "I could have beaten you if I wanted, I just wasn't trying!" Classic excuse.

"If I were to try and use Excalibur its holy powers would overwhelm me. Carnwennan is just right for me." Cebrail looked at the short sword which vibrated at the Angels' comment.

(So these legendary weapons really do have some kind of sentience. Flattery works on it quite nicely.) Cebrail thought saving the information for use in the future.

"Well if you're happy I guess?" Elmenhilde didn't know exactly how to respond.

Suddenly Cebrail stops in her tracks as the two girls spot her secret base.

"Wait Emmy..."

"Huh?"

"Come here."

Elmenhilde, doing as Cebrail told her with a look of confusion, got close to Cebrail only to have her consciousness fade as Cebrail hit her on the back of the neck.

Elmenhilde fell over immediately into Cebrail's arms and then was dragged across the ground by her collar.

"To think the moment you sensed my presence you would be so ruthless as to knock out your own ally." Marilyn's voice came from in front of Cebrail as the woman herself walked from behind a tree. "And to think you could build a house here in Brocéliande."

Though Cebrail didn't know that that was the name of this place she didn't particularly care, however, Marilyn very much did. Though it was simple for Marilyn to come here as she was half Fairy. Cebrail was related to her on her Human side and did not have a single drop of Fairy blood in her. Nor was she some legend that could be misunderstood as a kind of Fairy. This place protected by the Lady of the Lake was a sanctuary for Fairies not under the rule of Titania and Oberon, and a place no one could step foot in so casually as the Lady of the Lake was comparable to the original Merlin.

Cebrail didn't respond instead she dropped Elmenhilde onto the ground a drew her new blade in one swift motion.

"Break." She muttered as a barrier formed around her and he pointed the tip of her sword towards her aunt.

Instantly a blast of silvery Magic power erupted from the blade enveloping the whole area in front of Cebrail.

On instinct, Cebrail tossed Carnwennan onto the ground much to the blade's chagrin.

"Cheep! Cheep!" Epis cried out.

"Oh right, my mistake Nany. I'm used to my weapons breaking after I use them once." Cebrail apologized to the blade and picked it up as the dust from Cebrail's blast began to settle.

"Striking first without hesitation...perhaps you aren't as much of a moron as I thought. Though you still aren't very cute at all." Marilyn's voice came from above where she was floating in the sky outside of the blast radius of the Angels' last attack.

"I'm not cute? Perhaps you should get your eyes checked." Cebrail responded sheathing her blade casually. "Why are you here anyways? Did you really just want to see me again as quickly as possible?"

Marilyn flies down towards her niece at high speeds producing a burst of wind behind her.

Cebrail responded instantly by moving to draw her short sword and expanding her barrier.