Chapter 57 - Test of Aunt

"Training."

"No."

"Why."

"Don't feel like it."

"..."

"..."

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

"..."

"..."

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

"Are you not going to take that?" Cebrail questioned though it was clear that she didn't truly care all that much about the call.

"It's just my brother. He can wait."

"Wait. Teacher Marilyn is your aunt?!?" Jeanne questioned in a bit of shock. Though Marilyn and Cebrail look quite alike due to an enchantment on the older woman's cloak her face was unable to be seen or distinguished. It was like those hooded figures in games or anime that are made to just be faceless goons.

Of course Marilyn wasn't even close to being one of these goons. She was the second strongest mage of the current age putting her just under her brother in power.

The woman and the Seraphim Princess both ignored Jeanne's question.

"You mean my father?"

"Yes."

"I see. If you won't train me then can I speak to him instead?"

Marilyn's eyebrows furrowed and her phone began ringing once again.

*Ring* *Ring* *Ring*

Frowning, the woman finally took out her phone; however, rather than answer it she crushed it completely before dropping its smoking remains onto the ground.

"..."

"..."

(Do they hate each other or something???) Jeanne couldn't help thinking in confusion as the two relatives stared at one another in silence.

"I see..." Marilyn lets out a small sigh before reaching into her cloaking and drawing a sword slowly and elegantly from its sheath.

As if on the exact same wavelength or simply sharing the exact same singular brain cell as Marilyn Cebrail lifted her arm and reached behind herself opening her dimensional storage. Slowly the hilt of a sword protruded from thin air and grabbing it Cebrail pulled it out without any trouble.

"Jeanne."

"Yes teacher?"

"Go hide and stay out of the blast zone." Marilyn ordered her apprentice seriously.

"Y-Yes Sir!" Jeanne saluted the woman before scurrying off behind the church. It wasn't often Marilyn fought in front of her so she wanted to make sure she was in a place where she could watch carefully. Though since she knew her master was strong enough to even tame her own chaos brand, a terrifying woman that would always grip her by the head and beat her up if she tried to cause trouble, she knew the collateral damage might be enough on its own to kill her.

"Elmenhilde no interfering." Cebrail ordered coldly as she stared down her aunt.

"Roger! Roger!"

"Come." Marilyn said simply raising her sword casually.

Not needing anything more Cebrail charged with her thin estoc-like sword and slashed for her aunt's torso.

"Nng." Cebrail just as she was swinging backed off hopping twice to gain some distance.

(How frustrating. The difference in power is clear and obvious beyond doubt. It's impossible for me to win conventionally even if she isn't using any magic at all.)