Chapter 32 - Devolos Academy

"So Cebrail how have you been lately?" Gadreel asked curiously as soon as the limo began to move.

Cebrail had sat down next to him since he was without a doubt the most tolerable out of the three since he seemed like a genuinely nice and cute guy. Indeed upon looking at him again and thinking about her uncle Uriel she could see a bit of the appeal, though she didn't think it appealed to her personally all that much. Perhaps she needs to do more research?

"I'd be doing better if Puriel would stop harassing me." Cebrail responded honestly.

"Hey! I don't have anyone else to spar with, what do you want me to do?" Puriel cried out in outrage.

"Find someone else." Cebrail responded coldly.

"Didn't I just say-!"

"W-Wait Puriel calm down." Gadreel interrupted the lavender haired Angel in an attempt to stop a fight before it happens.

"Tsk! I really can't tell if you piss people off on purpose or not." Puriel complained, folding her arms over her chest in an angry manner. It seems because of Gadreel she decided not to let her temper get the better of her.

"If you can be 'pissed off' so easily based on a few words then why do I even bother talking to you?"

"Grrr..." Puriel clenched her fists in rage.

(That one was definitely intentional!) She thought but Gadreel hugged her arm stopping anything from escalating.

"S-So has everyone already gotten a Brave Saint or two yet?" Gadreel said, directing the conversation away from any arguments.

"Hehehe~ I got both a queen and an amazing ace! You just wait until they're all trained up Cebrail!" Puriel gloated with her nose up arrogantly.

"I have a jack and a... squatter? Well she's also my subordinate, I'll give her the queen later since she's smart." Cebrail said not even bothering to entertain Puriel's attempt at antagonizing her.

"You'll make her your queen just because she's smart?" Gadreel wondered, he knew Cebrail was strange but he didn't take her for someone that thought of themselves as stupid.

"Mmm, yeah. She's smart. I'm not very good at understanding people so making strategies and counter strategies in group fights are a weakness of mine. I can't predict what someone's plan will be since most people are irrational."

"Oh I get it. You're bad at large scale planning huh? That's a pretty bad weakness if you plan to try playing in rating games."

"We're going to be allowed to do rating games? You mean with the Devils?"

"Yeah. What did you think we were going to do with the Brave Saints?"

"Have our own competition stuff, and repopulate?"

"Ehhh? Lord Michael believes that if we want peace we have to change the minds of the next generation by getting used to each other." Gadreel explained. The fact was the Devil population despite their poor birth rates was still higher than the Angel population especially when it comes to children. So it would obviously make more sense to placate the Devil youth, especially since Angels in general have rather low egos. In the end Angels are far more likely to listen to authority figures like the Four Great Seraph even if they don't actually want to while Devils are more likely to just rebel.

Case and point, the Old Devil Faction, and the Stray Devil Faction.

"I see, it's because old people are difficult to deal with, yes?"

"Err... Cebrail... you do know how old Lady Gabriel is right?"

"My point still stands."

"Oh... well! I have some pretty impressive news as well concerning my Brave Saints!" Gadreel announced surprising Cebrail a bit, she was expecting to go her whole life without seeing a guy like him express such confidence.