Chapter Ten - It's Always The Church

At the very end of the alleyway after gathering up his subordinates the man in the fedora stepped into a limo and fell into the comfortable seats with a satisfied expression. As he sat down he crossed his legs, and he took off his fedora letting his dark silver hair free and his face shimmered a bit as an illusion spell fell off of him.

Slowly he brought his hand up from out of his pocket revealing a golden ring with a single inscription on it. Stroking his beard he smiled to himself as he thought about his encounter with Gabriel's daughter.

(How strange, she takes after her father far more than her mother in both her appearance and her powers.) If more Miracle Children were born perhaps the man could try researching it unfortunately Cebrail was the only one born in a very long time. It was due to the restrictions placed on the Angels by God, he didn't want such imperfect beings overpopulating, that was what the silver haired man thought at least. (Angels were only ever meant to be tools, after all, at least that's something both them and the Devils have in common. Both slaves to the whim of their creators.)

Soon after he had this thought his white haired Dragon companion followed him into the limo. "Rizevim, I know how much you love humans but-"

"That was not a part of the plan." He interrupted her already knowing what she was going to say. "My men were supposed to capture that Valkyrie so that we'd have an appetizer product for the final product. I never expected that Gabriel's daughter would be there to intervene."

(It seems as though Odin hasn't gone senile just yet.) Rizevim thought taking a wine glass from his retainer. Soon wine was pouring by itself into it.

"That doesn't really mean you should be giving her advice. The two of you are king candidates, that means you'll be up against each other sooner or later. And giving her a ticket to the auction? What were you thinking?" The white dragon was extraordinarily agitated, she always had to deal with Rizevim's whims and clean up after him and so she knew this would lead to yet another mess. If only she could just kill him! Unfortunately she was bound by Solomon's Ring as his retainer, his closest follower and Dragon partner, unless she was stronger than her king she could never be free. Though it wasn't as if she actually felt like she wasn't free, it's just she wished she could take a break sometimes.

Rizevim, feeling his retainer's clear annoyance, smirked slightly, "Shouldn't you be thanking me?"

"Thanking you? Do you seriously believe that?" She gave him an incredulous look as he sipped on his wine before snatching the whole battle which had been floating and setting it down.

"By giving her that ticket you've just earned a vacation."

"I'm not following."

"During the month of the auction you can do as you please, as long as you don't cause too much trouble of course."

The white dragon was shocked by this statement as she was almost certain that would be the busiest time for her, "You don't need me at the auction?"

"The auction will likely be attacked by the Stray Devil Faction, however with Gabriel's daughter there that's free security."

"What? Why are you so sure she'll fight against the strays? Maybe she isn't as prejudiced as her mother."

"She isn't, though she knew I was a Devil she didn't care at all."

"Then..."

"The Stray Devil Faction is very much a 'shoot first ask questions later' kind of group, the moment they see someone else with Solomon's ring there they'll attack them."

"Ah I see, they'll probably think they can help their leader win by killing her huh? They probably won't be strong enough and even if they are they'll incur the wrath of the entirety of the Angel Faction!" The white haired dragon was quite excited by this prospect, she would be getting an entire month off! How thrilling, the things she could do!