Chapter 23 - Mission Start

When Reginleif and Tosca arrived in Kuoh Town the two immediately began making their way through the market of the central square when suddenly the two smelled something good in the air.

It smelled like something cooking but because it was so early in the morning none of the shops should really be open.

Tosca couldn't help her stomach rumbling in hunger from the smell. Due to the irregular meal times in Heaven, since Cebrail only ate when she felt like it around once or twice a day unless she had access to some form of a sugary snack, Tosca hadn't actually eaten breakfast as of yet. Those snacks weren't something Tosca could eat either. Not because Cebrail didn't want to share but because they were way too sweet! After having tried one it quite literally tasted as if she were taking a bite out of a block of sugar.

"Sorry..." Tosca apologized to Reginleif who waved it off without much care.

Angels and Valkyries didn't exactly need to eat, at least not as much as humans, so it was only a given that staying in Heaven would have Tosca hungry for more interesting foods. Reginleif herself was actually feeling similarly after smelling the good food in the air.

"Let's stop and eat since you're hungry." Reginleif says turning towards the direction from which the smell was flowing from.

"W-Wait! Shouldn't we do what Cebrail asked of us before playing around?" Tosca questioned frantically but Reginleif didn't even falter in her steps forcing her to follow.

"Cebrail didn't give us a time limit." Reginleif said this simply. She felt that if it was Cebrail she would give at least some vague time limit if it was especially important. Cebrail had even given them her joker card from her deck casually, honestly if Reginleif had to guess based on this she was expecting them to be gone for at least a day or two, or she herself wouldn't be back for that amount of time. That left them with a lot of wiggle room to buy weapons and find a new member.

Tosca however was still very conflicted but since Reginleif was her senior in the group she felt the young Valkyrie would probably know best.

Soon the two girls arrived at a small broken down food stand which was more like a very large grill.

Sitting at it was a young girl fanning a set of shish kabobs cooking on the grill. She had a dark expression on her face and even her glasses were cracked and had short blue hair and matching blue eyes.

"Oh, hello." Reginleif greeted the girl with a small bit of familiarity; this is because the girl was actually the one that had helped her find her way to Sis Cross Kiss.

"Huh? Hi?" The girl greeted back in confusion, she had no memory of meeting Reginleif but she tried to be polite anyway.

"What exactly do you sell here?" Reginleif asked looking at the food cooking on the grill.

"Err... mystery meat shish kabobs with a mystery sauce and a few pieces of lettuce and peppers." The blue haired girl explained, visibly a bit happier than her previous downtrodden appearance. She also somehow seemed confused as if she had never gotten any customers before.

"Tosca, how much do you want?" Reginleif questioned the girl beside her, looking at her from the corner of her eyes.

"Umm... 3?" Tosca was clearly a bit shy and didn't want to spend too much of Cebrail's money when it was meant to be used to buy weapons.

"You really shouldn't worry so much!" Reginleif scolded her little junior before turning back to the blue haired girl with a confident grin. "We'll take ten of them!"

For the first time in her life, Reginleif was the senior so she was trying her hardest to look cool and dazzling like Brunhilde the leader of the Valkyries. Though perhaps she was getting ahead of herself a little bit.