Chapter 53 - Evil Spirit Madness

Elmenhilde Karnstein had only been living in Cebrail's secret base for a day and still, she hadn't fully explored it. That is to say, it was INCREDIBLY huge and a great deal like a maze.

It was so bad that Elmenhilde had to sleep in some random hallway.

This is where Cebrail found her, curled up in a ball in the middle of a random hallway sleeping. Blinking a few times she shook the girl with her foot only to get an exceptionally strange response back.

"Yeah, step on me you sadistic Angel~ I need to be punished~" Elmenhilde mumbles in her sleep. Raising an eyebrow in curiosity she puts a bit more pressure on her foot.

"Ahh~ I've been so bad~"

"..."

(It's like a talking string doll...) Cebrail thought before grabbing Elmenhilde by the leg and dragging her along the floor back to the guest room.

After talking to her uncle Raphael she wanted to take a nap but she knew she would have to pick up Tosca and Reginleif soon so she decided to simply hang out with Elmenhilde but now the Vampire was sleeping so what was she to do?

Cebrail pondered this thought for quite some time as she tucked Elmenhilde into bed and seemed to come to some kind of decision.

When Elmenhilde woke up you can imagine her surprise when she found Cebrail napping next to her the two facing one another.

(Ah! Ah! Ah! So close! We're so close!) Elmenhilde thinks frantically as she looks at Cebrail up and down.

"Ahhh~ her sleeping face is making me feel so refreshed~ is this the power of an Angel?" Elmenhilde felt like she could really stare at Cebrail's sleeping face for hours without getting tired of it, but something else drew her attention. Cebrail's shirt had a rather low neckline revealing just the uppermost parts of her petite chest.

"Ohhh~ with them squeezed together like that they look a lot bigger and more tantalizing~" Elmenhilde stared at them, fondling wouldn't produce any holy water right?

(So defenseless...) Elmenhilde felt like she could seriously get a nosebleed and she scooted a bit closer as gently as possible so as to not wake Cebrail.

"You're such a strange person." Cebrail's voice stopped Elmenhilde in her tracks and with an awkward smile, the Vampire looks up and meets the gaze of the Seraphim Princess.

(At least she doesn't seem upset... maybe she didn't notice what I was doing?) This thought of Elmenhilde's was crushed almost instantly by Cebrail's next words.

"How have you survived so long if you just let your impulses guide you like that? You know, if I had actually been asleep and woke up thinking you were an enemy you could be impaled to that wall behind you." Cebrail's words made Elmenhilde swallow a bit, it was obvious that she was dead serious, and it wasn't as though she lacked to the power to hang Elmenhilde up like a painting nailed to the wall.

"Ehehehe~ my bad~" Elmenhilde said donking herself on the head cutely while sticking her tongue out a bit.

"This house is built 'nowhere' so exploring it will be bad for your health. Don't go opening too many doors if you don't know where they'll lead. You may end up in space or worse the Dimensional Gap." Cebrail warns the girl of the dangers of wandering around carelessly in someone else's secret base. "Well in any case, now that you're awake what would you like to-"

Cebrail pauses for a moment and shoots up into a sitting position. Blinking a few times she frowns.

"I see... we'll continue this talk later." Cebrail cut their conversation short and just like before she dove out of the window.