Chapter 55 - Vampire Talks

Elmenhilde Karnstein was beginning to get used to the Seraphim Princess's secret base.

It was nonsensical in its design and construction however there was something of a pattern to it.

Opening doors with lights floating around it is a no no. When going down a hallway without an end, simply turn around while thinking of the room you want to go to and the door will appear. Don't leave the doors nor windows open as wild animals will come in without any fear.

Of course, there were a few more rules Elmenhilde had figured out and even more that she hadn't but at the very least these ones kept her safe from pissing off all the Fairies in the area. One of them even complained that the only reason she was still breathing was because she was a guest Cebrail personally invited!

She hasn't figured out how to actually leave yet since venturing too far away from the house is another thing that would piss off the Fairies.

It isn't as though Elmenhilde really wanted to leave just yet though she had made a deal with a strange purple-haired fairy girl to bring her a few human bodies every now and then so her hunger shouldn't be that bad. Though she had to admit that it was pretty lonely.

Right now she was digging through the fridge pulling out a long and slender human leg. It was quite pristine likely a leg belonging to a young woman in her prime.

Unfortunate but man-eating Fairies and Vampires need to eat too.

"How am I gonna heat this thing up I wonder..." Elmenhilde mumbled to herself looking at the frozen leg. "Perhaps I can try defrosting then cooking it?"

Closing the door to the fridge the Vampire suddenly saw something in her peripheral vision surprising her and causing her to jump with a slight yelp.

The girl which had surprised the Vampire also jumped slightly despite her stone face not changing at all.

"How can you even do that?" Elmenhilde said with a sigh now holding her chest slightly. If her heart beat it would probably be quite fast.

As a Vampire, she definitely isn't used to being snuck up on.

"How do I do what?" Cebrail asked with a small head tilt.

"You know that I am a Vampire right?"

"Obviously."

"I have all the classic powers. Super strength, speed, and endurance. Along with super senses like smelling and hearing."

"Yes, I know of those powers."

"So how can you sneak up on me like that???" Elmenhilde questioned visibly confused.

"...That...That wasn't me sneaking though..." Cebrail seemed genuinely confused about what Elmenhilde really meant. "Is this some kind of code?"

"Somehow I can't tell if you're stupid or naive but you're still just so cute~ It heals my soul~" Elmenhilde fawned over Cebrail much to the Angels' confusion.

"I have a limited amount of time today so let's start our lessons quickly." Cebrail said deciding to ignore the fact that Elmenhilde had implied she might be stupid.

"Ah, okay~"

(She was really serious about learning the path to hedonism...)

Elmenhilde took a few moments to think and threw the human leg back into the fridge.

"Right! The first thing you need to do is smile more!" Elmenhilde said with a snap of her fingers. She actually had no idea about how to turn Cebrail into a proper hedonist but she very much wanted to see the Seraphim Princess smile.