Chapter 43 - Battle Aftermath

Seekvaira charged towards Cebrail throwing a powerful demonic energy empowered high kick which she dodged by leaning back only slightly.

"I don't think you have anything capable of killing me." Cebrail states, though her tone has not changed, the confidence of it irritates Seekvaira who stops time.

Within her stopped time she recovers from her kick and throws a punch towards the Angels face. Just before it hits she unpauses time and instantly Cebrail reacts spinning her body out of the way of the strike and countering with a backhanded punch straight to Seekvaira's face.

The hit isn't very strong despite it being enhanced with Magic Power so Seekvaira ate it only being forced to re-adjust her footing for another punch.

Before she could throw it, however, Cebrail crouched low and swept Seekvaira's legs from under her with a leg sweep.

"Ugh!" Seekvaira grunted as she fell to the floor hard. She barely recovered fast enough to stop time as Cebrail spun back up into a stand sending a kick directly to Seekvaira's face.

Standing the pink eyed girl backed up. "Resume."

She started time back up again, but was sweating quite a bit. Running low on energy she could only take solace in the fact that Cebrail also seemed to be growing tired. Indeed just because her reaction time was absurd it didn't mean her body could continuously keep up. In fact Cebrail was forcing her body beyond its normal limitations with her Magic Power, however though her Magic Power wasn't being drained at all, her physical stamina was reaching its limits.

As if to make this point clear a bit of blood dibbled from her nose shocking her. "Wow... I'm damaging myself more than you have this entire fight?"

"Grrr..." While Seekvaira had hit her multiple times before it was obvious based on the lack of marking on the Angel whatever damage Seekvaira had done was either negligible or never existed in the first place.

"Don't feel bad. A lot of people talk a big game but find it difficult when it comes time to actually perform. I have been told that I'm a rather hard girl to please." Cebrail stated mockingly and in a very ambiguously suspicious way.

Unfortunately though such a fight could have gone on for quite a bit more time an announcement was made bringing the game to a rather unsatisfying close.

"Game OVERRRRR! The Attacking team wins!" Roygun announced to all of the students causing Seekvaira to smile and look towards Cebrail to gloat only to falter upon seeing the Angels expression.

Her eyes were glowing with unrestrained power as anger bubbled to the surface putting an invisible pressure on Seekvaira that made it a bit hard for her to stand.

"Cheep! Cheep!" Feeling the sudden burst of negative emotion, Epis charged and slammed into Cebrail's leg. While it did no damage it dragged her attention away and snapped her out of her sudden bout of rage.

For Epis while she was connected to Cebrail's soul as her Sacred Gear she could not normally understand the girl's heart as it was like a dam. The dam only really let energy through to help power Epis and nothing more. With a sudden huge crack appearing the creature of course had to move quickly to patch it up so as to not be suddenly smothered by it.

"Is this the power of the 'main heroine' I wonder?" Cebrail questioned aloud her eyes and aura returning back to their normal bored expression though her eyebrows had formed a V signifying that she was still very much angry. She picked up Epis by the back of its neck putting the creature back in her hair and walking away towards the door. "I'll have to find another way to impress Roygun then. This time on my own. At the very least that way I know no errors will come about due to irrationality."