Chapter 30 - Drive of Misfortune

"Suicide is a sin Kojika." Cebrail says, surprising the blue haired girl standing on the ledge.

The surprise was so great that when Kojika turned rapidly to look at Cebrail she tripped over her own foot causing her to begin falling backward. Her face twisted in fear as her body felt weightless with neither of her feet touching the ground.

Kojika could feel herself falling but just as she might have gone over the edge Cebrail caught her by the arm with her free hand. She holds up Kojika who flails her other hand wildly in an attempt to regain her balance.

"Should I let go...?" Cebrail asked somewhat confused. She had caught Kojika on instinct but if the girl truly wanted to die she thought perhaps that she may have made a mistake.

"NO! NO! PULL ME UP! PULL ME UP!!!" Kojika shouts looking at Cebrail with a panicked expression.

"Alright then..." Cebrail pulls Kojika back into a stable position on the cloud casually

Seeing Kojika on her hands and knees breathing heavily, Cebrail nods to herself, sits calmly and tosses her fishing line into the sky.

"You! I could've died!" Kojika shouts upon regaining her breath and standing up to face Cebrail.

"Huh? Didn't you want to die?"

"NO!" Kojika shouts.

"Oh that's good." Cebrail simply thinks it's a good thing that Kojika wouldn't commit self deletion since it was probably a pretty bad experience.

"I can't die until I defeat the Stray Devils and restore my clan!" Kojika announced but Cebrail didn't give her much of a reaction. "*Ahem* Though I'm grateful for your help, I need to go. I can't get my revenge by just sitting here."

"Revenge..." The word struck a chord in Cebrail. A memory which had been dangling at the very edge of her mind.

In her earlier years as an enforcer in her past life, she had made revenge her sole purpose, that is what led her to commit her very first kill. Though unfortunately she still couldn't remember either the beginning of it all nor could she recall the end, only that before she died she had found the corpse of the pope hidden in the basement of a church.

"Revenge is a slippery road. The Stray Devil Faction isn't a small organization, you may have to step over quite a bit of bodies to get to their leader." Cebrail warned her wisely while flicking her Rance Rod.

"I'm prepared to go through as many people as I have to." Kojika said a bit darkly, causing Cebrail to look at her from the corner of her eye.

The shadow of Kojika's hair darkened her face in a fashion that would be menacing if perhaps she wasn't so weak.

"Mmm... people can say things all they want. Actions are a different matter entirely. If you think you're prepared then do you think that you could beat me? Do you think that you could kill me? Do you truly think someone with Solomon's Ring would be killed by a grunt? What is impossible is impossible and it is impossible for you to win that fight and impossible for you to bear that weight." Cebrail reached into her dimensional storage pulling out a bucket full of water.

"..." Kojika didn't really have a response. She knew she was weak. She knew her mission would probably end in failure, curse or no curse. She's mediocre, just barely above a normal human.

"Sit down." Cebrail orders and inexplicably Kojika followed it without so much as a second thought much to her confusion. "Hold this."

Cebrail handed Kojika the bucket of water and she took it stupidly with a confused expression.

"Fishing is one of the few things I enjoy in life."

"Err..."

"You don't like fishing right?"