Chapter 48 - Angelic Intervention

"How bothersome." Cebrail sighs in annoyance alerting the crossbow user on the roof.

In shock the short cloaked person spun around with their crossbow raised but it was too late as Cebrail pushed them with her foot sending them off the edge of the building where they tumbled down falling onto the man below hard.

Elmenhilde Karnstein's eyes widened with shock seeing the two men knocked out instantly by the impact, she didn't even take advantage of the fact that the Vampire Hunter woman was also in a state of shock.

Cebrail jumping down from the building into the alleyway lands softly on top of the two men gaining a grunt from them as they groaned in pain.

"This is Rance." Cebrail stated still on top of the men's bodies and presented her lovely whip which doubled as a fishing rod.

"Wah-?" The woman began in confusion only for Cebrail to shoot out with her famously named whip grabbing her by the leg and with a single simple flick of her wrist the woman was slammed into the wall like a ragdoll.

"Ugh!" The woman cried out in pain but did not pass out from the damage. "Who, Who are you?"

The woman growled out the question to Cebrail but the Seraphim Princess paid her no mind at all instead choosing to move towards Elmenhilde who stared at the white haired girl with wide eyes.

She couldn't tell before since she was blinded by Cebrail's beauty and the mystery of what was under her jacket, but now that she was looking closely though it wasn't that large and was being completely overpowered by the girl's Magic Power it was unmistakable that she had Light Power.

This of course meant that she was an Angel.

Elmenhilde didn't exactly know how to feel. Angels didn't normally intervene with Vampires so calling them an enemy would be wrong however they were in fact a HUGE threat given their Light Power was super effective against Vampires, and even the symbol of the crucifix was capable of keeping them somewhat at bay.

As Cebrail stepped towards her with an unchanging expression Elmenhilde stepped back instinctively however the pain from her wounds and blood loss were beginning to catch up with her and she staggered slightly with her vision becoming blurred.

Cebrail frowned a bit. It seems she had inadvertently weakened this Vampire earlier. Her Sacred Gear can only manipulate properties that are already there such as sharpness or defense so when she healed Elmenhilde she had basically forced the Vampire's body to work at a more accelerated rate than normal. This would be fine normally however in truth it could waste quite a bit of energy before a fight if Cebrail is careless when doing it.

Of course Cebrail wouldn't blame herself. If she had known that the Vampire was going to fight soon she wouldn't have been so careless with the healing.

Cebrail stopped in front of Elmenhilde who was now doubled over.

"I don't care what you are, if you're protecting that Vampire, you're an enemy of Humanity!!!!!" The yell of the woman Cebrail had just finished tossing into a wall came from behind her along with a set of quick footsteps.

The woman had her sword in hand and was preparing to strike down Cebrail along with Elmenhilde.

Elmenhilde wanted to help Cebrail since the girl had seemingly saved her but when she went to stand up she fell into a kneel.

"You shouldn't move around so much. It just increases blood loss." Cebrail says not caring at all about the sword that was coming down towards her head.

Elmenhilde tried to say something but was stopped as Cebrail flicked her wrist once again sending the woman into a wall.

"..."