Chapter 39 - Za Warudo

"I don't think you fully understand the mistake that you've made." Cebrail stated flatly to Seekvaira who stood before her boldly.

"Tsk! Enough senseless talking." Seekvaira says putting a hand on the ground.

Quickly a magic circle depicting the Agares family crest appeared on the ground in front of her and the earth gathered over it forming a large somewhat humanoid stone golem which towers over Cebrail.

Despite the difference in size Cebrail looks entirely unimpressed.

"Can you not talk and fight at the same time? Why does it feel like you Devils are taking this game far too seriously?" Cebrail asked in a dry but disappointed tone.

She had wanted to show off a bit to Roygun with some theatrics and explosions, but if the pink eyed girl in front of her wasn't going to play along, what was Cebrail even fighting for?

"Attack her." Seekvaira ordered her golem pointing towards Cebrail.

"Hmm..." Cebrail hums as the golem rushes towards her with its fist raised. A barrier enveloped the two as soon as it got close.

"Property, defense down." Cebrail waved her sword lazily, cutting the golem in two. The pieces fall on either side of the Angel and collapse into just regular rocks and dust. "...That was...okay..."

Cebrail was completely unimpressed though she felt like it would be genuinely mean to mock the girls' work since it seemed like it would be pretty annoying making golems on the fly like that.

"Wait..." As the dust from the golem settled she found that the Devil heiress that was once in front of her was now gone. "What?"

Looking behind her the flag was missing and at the top of the steps standing on the railing over Cebrail proudly was Seekvaira holding the flag on her shoulder.

"You think you're strong enough to be talking while fighting with me?" Seekvaira mocked Cebrail.

"The attacking team has acquired one flag!" Roygun announced to everyone in the castle over the loudspeakers.

"..." This was a first for the Seraphim Princess, for someone to get one over on her in this way. It should be impossible.

(If I try to leave with the flag she'll probably chase me. I'm not sure if I can beat her in a contest of speed.) Seekvaira thought staring down at the white haired Angel below her.

"Cheep! Cheep! Cheep!" Epis hadn't seen what had just happened either and it was super scary to the little hedgehog. Her master was all but infallible! How could this person get past her and steal the flag in an instant?

(The only option is to beat her then regroup with Rias and the others.)

Sensing her desire to attack Cebrail readied her guard but in a single blink she felt a pain in her stomach and her body flew backwards. Despite her surprise she regained her composure and back flipped before planting her feet on the ground skidding herself to a stop.

In front of her Seekvaira was lowering her leg, having kicked Cebrail in an instant.

(Speed?) Cebrail thought, but dismissed the idea. If it were speed at the very least she would be able to track it. Seekvaira would have to be moving at around light speed for Cebrail to just not see any sign of the girl moving at all. The Devil heiress wasn't capable of that obviously since light speed wasn't really possible for physical beings the way it was for Angels. Normally at least.

"Cheep??!?!??!? CHEEP???!?!?" Epis cried in confusion, another hit on her master which was completely undefendable! This Devil in front of her was definitely cheating somehow!