Chapter 16 - Kamilaphobia

It was only yesterday that Sona Sitri got her letter from Cebrail and while she very much wanted to stay home to wait for Cebrail's arrival she had already had a tea party scheduled with her friend and rival Rias Gremory which she couldn't miss.

(How would she get to the underworld anyways?) Sona thought as she was led through the Gremory estate towards the back garden by a maid.

It wasn't an unreasonable question. With how Gabriel was she'd probably rather die than let her daughter have to breathe the same air as a Devil. That meant it was likely Cebrail was going to sneak into the Underworld somehow. Sona didn't doubt Cebrail would find a way, when she decided to work she suddenly went from lethargic and lazy to a highly efficient machine.

(I wonder if I should bake her a cake?) Sona thought just as she reached the garden where Rias was already waiting.

"You're finally here Sona!" A young girl with long red hair and big haughty looking blue eyes greeted Sona the moment she reached the center of the garden where chairs and a table were. This of course was Rias Gremory.

"Good morning Rias." Sona greeted back with a small bow and took a seat in front of Rias.

"I'm glad to see you doing so well, I thought for a bit that you might be avoiding me since you haven't contacted me since summer started." As Rias spoke a young girl with almost impossibly long black hair and violet eyes and a very "generous" body for her age came and set down a set of tea cups. This of course was Rias' queen piece Akeno Himejima of the Himejima clan.

"I was busy with our summer homework."

"Eh? Already?"

"What do you mean 'already?' have you not even started yet?" Sona asked incredulously with a raised eyebrow.

"Well I mean no. But like why do I need to do it anyways? What's learning about golems supposed to do for us? It's like math, completely useless in our everyday lives!" Rias complained fervently. She hated school, it was nice that she was often the center of attention due to her beauty and her bloodline but everything else was just annoying. Most of the things they taught were completely beneath her and unnecessary for her future. Or so she thought.

"Whether you like it or not we're required to go to school. And if you get bad grades you'll be scolded by your father again."

Rias frowned at Sona's words. She didn't want to talk about her parents, especially when it came to school so she decided to change the topic. "Maybe if I went to school in the human world I'd have a better time."

"The human world schools teach the same stuff minus all of magic. Making it arguably more boring." Sona reasoned easily destroying Rias' statement as if it were a chocolate bar.

(Chocolate cake with extra chocolate, that's what I'll bake for her.) Sona decided nodding to herself, it had been over a year since she last saw Cebrail so she decided she should treat the Seraphim Princess.

"Yeah but humans in general are so much more fun to be around!"

"Right..."

Sona was obviously skeptical of her words. If she had to guess the reason Rias felt a human school would be better is because they wouldn't know her brother, therefore they wouldn't judge her based on who she's related to as much.

Akeno poured out some tea for the two heiresses when she suddenly paused and stared ahead with slightly widened eyes.

"Huh? Akeno? What's wrong?" Rias made to turn around however Sona saw what Akeno was looking at and quickly reached across the table nearly toppling it over to hold Rias' face forward.