Chapter 27 - Unfortunate Anticlimax?

"I thought it was strange when you weren't with your little party members earlier. I always took you for the overprotective type." The voice of Anna sounded in the ears of Cebrail. As she approached the Angel who was sitting with her back against a tree lounging casually.

She had followed the two girls to make sure they wouldn't be killed since she didn't want to make an enemy out of one of Solomon's king candidates. She felt as though Cebrail would probably go out of her way to make Anna's life a living hell if such a thing happened.

Anna was a businesswoman so she was quite confident in her ability to judge people. After Cebrail had paid for the little Valkyries gift despite not needing it at all and then accompanied her to investigate the Holy Sword Project despite having only known the girl for less than a day. Anna knew the Angel had a far bigger heart than she let on.

"I just have free time since my plans for today were canceled last minute." Cebrail stated simply opening a box of donuts and taking out one with white frosting and pink sprinkles.

She wasn't lying, she previously had actually had planned to help Serafall by playing a role in her new magical girl show. It was meant to star Sona and have herself as the primary rival/deuteragonist. However, when Cebrail arrived there Sera revealed that yet again she had postponed the shooting in order to redesign the costumes and rewrite the script with a new writer. She claimed that they "weren't reaching the essence of what a magical girl is" whatever that means.

So Cebrail left Sona behind to suffer having to try on all of Serafall's various designs and childish machinations. She didn't feel like being a dress up doll, her mother and maids already do that enough.

"Free time huh... by the way I've been hearing from the townsfolk about a strange white haired girl that keeps showing up and helping people with chores." Anna said casually looking at the various stickers on Cebrail's body along with the bag of sweets right next to her box of donuts.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Cebrail responds flatly, finishing the pink sprinkled donut in her hand.

"I was really curious how an Angel even if half Human could be so gluttonous, I even almost mistook you for a hedonist you know! Especially with all those erotic novels you keep buying." Anna leaned down close to the lounging Angel and picked up a chocolate frosted donut with chocolate sprinkles and took a seat leisurely next to her.

"A wise man once said 'You get to know a person best when you're both naked.' I only purchase those books for the sake of my research. People are hard to understand as you know." Cebrail defended herself slightly with her eyebrows furrowed in a cutely serious expression. Anna honestly couldn't tell if the girl was lying to cover up her actions or if that was actually the reasoning she used to justify herself so she changed the topic.

"If you keep accepting gifts from people you'll keep getting more and more of them." Anna took a bite out of her donut and found it to be intensely sweet with just a tinge of bitterness that maybe most children wouldn't appreciate. "I doubt you feel good after eating all of that stuff."

She pointed towards all of the stuff Cebrail had as if to emphasize her point.

"They're gifts. People don't just give gifts out of the kindness of their heart but also often to relieve themselves of their perceived guilt. People by nature don't enjoy owing others anything." Cebrail stated with a maturity unlike that of her age. She was like every other person Anna had met with Solomon's ring, she had a very different, almost alien or obsessive way of looking at the world. Who in their right mind keeps EVERY gift people give to them? Especially with how many she gets on a daily basis.

While Anna could see this pretty easily she couldn't pin down what exactly Cebrail's obsession was, unlike the others she didn't constantly go around recruiting others by gathering them around her ideals, nor did she run around yelling about them on a constant basis.