Chapter Eight - Cliche Thugs?

Reginleif a young Valkyrie of Asgard was already not having a very good day and it had barely even begun.

Early in the wee hours of the morning, she was called to Odin who gave her a very specific mission. Of course, she was honored that THE Odin called on her for a personal request however based on how her Valkyrie sisters talked about him she knew he was a bit... of an odd case.

Because of his knowledge of the future, none of his decisions in the present made much sense to anyone, and his tendency to be vague or intentionally misleading in his actions leaves much to be desired.

Such as when he gave her the extremely vague task of "Awakening the Sleeping Avalon." Then pointed her to some shady back alley in some backwater town claiming she'd find all her answers there.

She could be studying right now. She was already behind all of the other Valkyrie at this point because of her age and very much didn't need to be wasting her time with a quest like this. However it was indeed still from Odin so she thought there must be some profound reasoning for it.

That belief in him shattered the moment she got to Kuoh town as she took out and read the paper she was given by him it just said, "dark alleyway" as the alleyway she was supposed to go to.

She stared at the paper in disbelief as she read over it again and again her teeth clenched in agitation.

"Ugh, am I really going to have to check every dark alleyway in this place?" She looked around the Kuoh Town square since the sun hadn't even risen yet in such a simple town only a few people were buying things.

"That clock tower can make for a good guide post, haaa~" Reginleif let out a deep sigh of discontentment.

Walking around Reginleif passed a child with short blue hair, glasses which somewhat hid her blue eyes, and her bangs were held up on either side of her head making her forehead look like a fivehead. One could almost see their reflection in it like a bald man's scalp.

"Excuse me?" Reginleif called out to the blue haired girl as she held up a sign for a small family restaurant gaining her attention.

"Yes?" The child responds just as she was about to take a bite out of a deer biscuit.

"Uhh... err..."

(What am I supposed to ask? "Oh can you tell me where the dark alleyway is?" I literally have no leads on where I want to go!) Reginleif thought in her head sarcastically. She had meant to ask the child for directions since she looked like she lived in the town, but mid way through she realized just how foolish this was.

"Uh... nevermind."

"By any chance are you lost?" The child questions as politely as possible.

"Yeah..."

Hearing Reginleif's affirmation the blue haired child pointed towards a large board near the center of the plaza, "That's a directory it'll tell you what's around and where to find it."

"Oh... I see, thank you." Reginleif thanked the child before going towards the directory as they had suggested, she wasn't exactly sure if it would lead anywhere or not but it was a better start then just walking around aimlessly.

(For me not to have noticed something so simple, I definitely need more training...) She thought while readjusting her glasses.

Upon arriving at the directory however there was something she definitely didn't miss, a spell on it which hid an image underneath.

Reginleif couldn't help but smile, if it was magic then she could decode it easily. Magic was the reason that despite being so young and physically weak Reginleif was accepted into the Valkyries. People always called her a genius but in truth she worked extremely hard to get where she is now and still planned to work even harder.