Chapter 31 - Calm Before Storm

"Melissa! Melissaaaa! Hey! Melissa wake up!" A voice called out to Melissa Wargrave coaxing her awake from a nap she had been taking on a simple school desk.

"Ugh! How is it that you can get such good grades yet you're always sleeping! Life is so unfair!" The girl which had been attempting to wake Melissa up through words seemed to grow fed up and slammed a text book on her desk.

Melissa rather than being startled lifts her head casually and yawns with a long stretch.

"Schools over already?" She asks, scratching the back of her head without much care at all.

"Obviously!"

"Do you have to yell so much?" Melissa complained, picking her ear as if she was checking for damage.

"You won't wake up if I don't!" The girl complained. The girl was Melissa's one and only friend Mary Sue.

After her mother was assassinated by rebels Melissa Wargrave was taken in by a kind man named Lawrence who sent her to school with kids her age rather than simply having her be home schooled as she was in the past.

While she was excited at first since she liked meeting new people most avoided her because of her big family name and so with no people to talk to and having already been taught the material they were learning she couldn't help but be bored.

That was until she met the rambunctious, energetic, and fool hardy Mary Sue. The girl, while perhaps easily ticked off, was a great addition to Melissa's life and quite entertaining to be around.

She had helped guide Melissa in the ways of the common man, that is to say, she showed Melissa how interesting the world outside of her stuffy mansion could be. Shopping, restaurants, parties, and all manner of exciting activities that Melissa Wargrave was never able to experience before.

"What if I told you that I was already awake?" Melissa joked with a slight sly smile.

"I'd say that you're a liar!" Mary yelled with a joyful smile and a bombastic wave of her arm.

"Truly I'm hurt." Melissa stood up with a joyful and light smile. A smile that in the near future would be twisted in rage as soon she would become an enforcer and go on to hunt and kill the rebel leader known as Andrew Sue.

A murder over a lie.

If only she had been clear of mind Melissa Wargrave and Mary Sue might have ended up on the same side.

Perhaps then her end wouldn't have been so tragic.

Cebrail Caritas woke up for once quite nicely after such a pleasant memory of herself and Mary Sue in their schooling days. Though she was a bit confused about the pit she felt in her stomach, as if something bad was going to happen.

She didn't have time to dwell on this however as the moment her foot touched the cloud-like floor of her room a dozen maids flooded in with various supplies such as makeup kits, hair curlers, and a pristinely ironed uniform.

"Adriel... what is this?" Cebrail could barely get this question out of her mouth before the maids were on top of her. They tossed off her nightgown and put her into a school uniform.

The uniform was simple consisting of a white buttoned-up undershirt, a red blazer with black accents, a black tie, and a simple black skirt.

As they tried to get a pair of panties on Cebrail is when the Seraphim Princess finally put up some resistance, she hooked her fingers on the sides and attempted to tear it apart only to fail.

"How?"

"Young miss, unfortunately, you're wearing a skirt, I won't let you not wearing any underwear slide this time." Adriel informed her only to get her pouting face as she kept her fingers hooked. While if all the maids tried to force it onto her they could obviously overpower her doing such a thing would be reckless and foolish as if they were indeed to accidentally hurt her it would be quite the issue.