Chapter 15 - Mysterious Plan

"My mother said she didn't know of a way to break the barrier around the child, without killing her I mean." Cebrail states to Reginleif who was looking around her room with wide eyes.

While it was a positively huge room it didn't feel that way due to the amount of stuff that was cluttering the place.

Toys, games, trinkets, books, clothes, and various other items were all over. The only places that didn't have stuff were a few paths that twisted around the place haphazardly.

"Normally I'd call uncle Michael to use his ability 'Sacred Gear Editor' on it but he isn't answering his phone. He must be busy with the impending peace treaties because my mom is terrible at her job." She casually insulted her mothers work ethic like it was nothing without minding her own poor efforts.

"Then we'll have to find another way to wake her up?" Reginleif asks finally looking away from the mess and towards Cebrail.

"Oh I already thought of a way. For now we'll just relax here and train until the time comes." Cebrail responds casually.

"Really you already thought of a way? What is it?"

"It's something we may need to be a bit stronger to pull off. Don't worry about it too much..." Cebrail paused as if she just thought of something else to say. "Do you have any binding spells by chance?"

"You mean like Stone Cage?"

"No like, magic chains or handcuffs or something."

"Oh... I think I can manage something like that."

"I see, let's start by testing the strength. Try it on me." Cebrail lifted her hands with her wrists together in preparation to be handcuffed.

"Alright..." Reginleif was a bit hesitant however she casted a minor binding spell which bound both of Cebrail's hands by her wrists.

Instantly Cebrail broke them with a single tug.

"..." Cebrail stared at her wrists then looked at Reginleif as if she thought the Valkyrie might be joking.

(I should have know she could just break any magic bindings using her raw magical power alone...) Reginleif thought putting another stronger binding with an awkward laugh.

Yet again the bindings broke with minuscule effort.

"..."

"..."

The two stared at one another and Cebrail raised an eyebrow.

"Sometimes these things happen Reginleif, no need to feel embarrassed." Cebrail tried comforting Reginleif but this only sparked a bit of competitiveness in her heart.

"Epis, we'll try it on her first!" Reginleif announced grabbing the small creature from Cebrail's head. From seeing it enter and exit her hair Reginleif knew by this point where exactly it hid.

She put a binding spell on Epis but the creature also simply shook it off.

"..."

"..."

"It's fine I'll just figure something else out..."

Reginleif blushed, "D-Don't look at me with so much pity!"

"Here try testing on this." Cebrail held a Roygun plushie up, presenting it to Reginleif.

"Is that a Devil?"

"Not just any Devil, Roygun Belphegor the second strongest rating game player."

"Why would an Angel-"

"She's really cool you know. Her fighting style is so efficient yet elegant, she wastes no movement in a fight unless it's to make fun of her opponent. Such style isn't found often in this clumsy world."