Chapter 63 - Escalation of Conflict

Odin was not like his wife.

Well of course he grieved for his son Baldur but the boy's death was set in stone. Not only that, but he was not the kind of God that would fall under such a simple illusion.

Cebrail was nothing like Baldur. Baldur was expressive and kind and wonderful... on the surface. He was a person playing at being Human, and not to his own fault really. His complete invulnerability was a double edged sword as it did not protect him from only things that were dangerous but things that were not inherently.

For example, the dangers that came with emotions.

Cebrail was completely the opposite, she was cold on the outside as though she wanted to push everyone away however her heart was no doubt big given that she couldn't even seem to bring herself to push a single person away if they needed her help.

Though of course, this was not why he was backing her either. There were a lot of good people in the world no matter how much some people, Mekhi, may claim otherwise. So simply being good wasn't... well... it wasn't good enough to catch his attention.

What truly caught his attention was the fact that out of all the King Candidates he had met thus far she was the only one that was so moldable. She seemed to not have any grandiose goals like the other King Candidates, and she wasn't unwilling to listen to the ideas of others. Due to her more outsider-like perspective she could see the flaws in everyone else's wishes. If she won the game after conquering and understanding everyone else's wishes, what kind of world would she create using the empty throne?

This was the question gnawing at Odin's mind, his curiosity had not been peaked like this. Humans were indeed always full of surprises!

(Perhaps I should have her story written down? It'll be a bit of an interesting tale for those of the next world~) Odin did not fear change like Zeus and a few other gods, he believed it to be necessary. Old guys like him can't stay in power forever; it ruins the potential of the young. Being afraid of new things was the folly of the old and a dangerous thing indeed.

In this way, to some extent, Odin respected Rizevim for encouraging Humans to grow and evolve by not allowing the supernatural to intervene. Though perhaps he was a little sour since that meant Humans were straying away from gods more and more weakening them heavily.

(Actually, Solomon is probably recording all of this right now. Perhaps the whole story is already recorded down?)

Well in any case Odin was hopeful about Cebrail putting it simply. Though perhaps such hope on her shoulders was more of a burden than anything else. It did trouble him a bit but it also made it that much more interesting.

Would she fail due to the pressure or would she succeed in her endeavors with stylish ease?

Even those two options were so broad that a great deal of twists and turns were possible. This is why even now he is attempting to make sure her path wasn't obstructed by some of the other pantheons and why he was watching her right this instant. Well he was also watching her because he wasn't an idiot and knew that he would have to step in to stop her and her aunt.

"Break." Marilyn uttered the word as she pointed the tip glowed and let out a burst of blue Magic Power.

It was in appearance the same attack as that of Cebrail's own but far faster and far stronger.

Cebrail was barely able to dodge it by releasing her Angel wings and jumping into the air using them as a boost.

"No. No. No. It isn't the same. My attack was simply a burst of raw magical power. It seems as though her Sacred Gear allowed her to put in a minuscule amount of Light Power and Magical Power before cycling it through and amplifying it." Marilyn mumbled not paying any mind to her niece that was slowly falling down to the ground.