Chapter 56 - Chuunibyou Saint?

"Does this church also have a basement I wonder..." Cebrail questions to herself as she stands in front of a small church somewhere in Italy. "Who am I kidding? There's always a basement."

"What are you mumbling about Cebrail?" Elmenhilde asks from the Angel's shadow.

"Just about how I don't like churches. They seem rather sketchy no matter how you try to look at them." Cebrail answers honestly.

"I don't think that's how an Angel should be talking about a church." Elmenhilde couldn't help but laugh a bit at the funny expression on Cebrail's face as she spoke, it almost looked like she was holding in a piss or something.

Cebrail not hesitating began walking towards the front entrance of the church. "Remember not to interfere."

Cebrail warned Elmenhilde once again not to get in the way of her talk with her aunt.

"Yes, ma'am~!" While Cebrail couldn't see it herself Elmenhilde gave a playful salute.

Touching the doorknob Cebrail suddenly felt a huge amount of killing intent from behind the door and dodged to the left just as a thin blade came through the door where Cebrail's head used to be.

"..."

"Is this how your family usually greets each other???" Elmenhilde said in shock. That attack was without a doubt meant to kill Cebrail, such ruthlessness, the Vampire was rather certain that this isn't how a family is supposed to act.

"This isn't my aunt." Cebrail stated simply before turning around and walking away from the door as though she wasn't almost just skewered.

"Huh? Then who was it?"

"..." Cebrail doesn't answer because she doesn't have one and turns back around to face the door as it slowly opens on creaky hinges.

Behind the door is a girl likely around Rias' age and therefore older than Cebrail herself. She had long blonde hair tied in a single thick braid going down her back and pretty blue eyes that seemed to enhance her untouchable beauty.

"Hey~ Hey~"

"Hello."

"So like what are you doing here?" The blonde girl asks holding her rapier up.

"I came to find my aunt." Cebrail answers simply.

"Right~ Right~ and what would this 'aunt' be doing here of all places?"

"Why would I know that?"

"Yeah~ I don't buy it!" The blonde girl charges at Cebrail stabbing at her with her rapier.

"I'm not understanding at all." Cebrail responds clearly confused and dodges the blonde girl's attack with ease.

"My names Jeanne! The current incarnation of the Maiden of Orleans and the Saint of Chaos Darkness!" Jeanne introduces herself cheerfully as she backs away tossing a dagger at Cebrail.

"My name is Cebrail Caritas, the only daughter of the Seraph Gabriel." Cebrail introduces herself in turn politely not minding the dagger as she caught it by its hilt just as it flew past her head. "I am also known as the Seraphim Princess."

"Daughter of Gabriel? You mean that old 10000-year-old virgin Angel?" Jeanne asks in surprise.

"Wait, you're the daughter of Gabriel?!?!?" Elmenhilde yells from Cebrail's shadow in shock.

(What's with my luck? I ended up attaching myself to another person called a Princess?!?! Am I just attracted to authority figures???) The Vampire discovered something about herself upon this discovery. It seemed it was her destiny to always be a bottom and honestly she had no problem with that.