Chapter 12 - Reginleif Stands!

As Reginleif stood in front of the priest named Mark she quickly put a rune of protection on herself. It wouldn't be all that effective since it was only a single rune but it would help prevent any broken bones if the man managed to land a hit on her.

Readying his fists Mark put his guard but completely, even if his opponent was a child he wouldn't hold back. The scar over his eye throbbed as he thought about the last time he was stupid enough to think just because a monster took the form of a child it was okay to hesitate in exterminating them.

Indeed this was the truth, heretics and monsters must be shown no mercy.

Mark charged at Reginleif like a wild beast, his steps causing indents into the ground with the sheer power in his legs.

"Fire!" Reginleif reacted to this quickly, sending a small fireball towards him.

Unfortunately he dodges this easily by moving to the side, but Reginleif had planned for this.

"Stone Wall!" She had written a rune for "wall" on the palm of her hand which she slammed into the ground creating a wall made of earth.

"Tsk! You mage always fight the same!" He despised the cowardice of mages, but he guessed that was to be expected from idiots that would turn to Devils for the sake of power.

He ran to the side of the wall only to be met with another rune directly in his face.

"Blast Away!" An explosion sends her rocketing back, but hitting him in the process.

Her back roughly hit the ground and she rolled several times losing her hat in the process before finally landing on her stomach.

"Ugh... haa... haa..." Her breathing was heavy and her arms felt a bit numb as she struggled to push herself back up.

"The Norse faction is all but doomed if they're sending barely trained children like you to fight their battles. Or perhaps they're just foolish, I wouldn't expect anything less from the heretical gods."

Reginleif hearing the man's unstrained voice looked up towards the cloud of dust with wide eyes, to see the man walking out of the dust was brushing himself off casually.

Those who fight for the church are trained and equipped specifically to combat heretical arts, that means of course even their outfits had protections against magic.

The Church of Necessary Evil was even more so as their entire duty was the extermination of heretics and the protection of the Church's secrets.

Mark walked toward Reginleif who scrambled to her feet in an attempt to prepare herself for another assault; unfortunately she was much too slow in her recovery and he was on top of her in an instant.

His fist firmly planted itself into her gut sending pain through her whole body as spit flew out her mouth.

"*cough* *cough* T-This... *cough* *cough* is nothing like training." For Reginleif a certain realization hit her as pain coursed through her body and she fell back down to her hands and knees.

"Strange, I was supposed to have crushed your lungs with that attack." Mark commented pulling his foot back and kicking Reginleif directly in her stomach sending her flying into the wall where she slid down slowly.

Pain coursed through her body as if it were her very own blood as she could barely even keep her eyes open to see the priest slowly walking towards her his steps oppressive and heavy, the only things she could hear past the ringing in her ears.

Mark ruthlessly with his teeth bared like an animal gripped Reginleif by the throat and lifted her up against the wall. His grip strength which should have probably snapped her neck merely stopped her airway suffocating her slowly.