Chapter 58 - Motivated Now

"Atypical Property is not a living Sacred Gear."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Unlike other factions we mages, or more specifically Grauzauberer, keep an extensive record on Sacred Gears and their appearances throughout history." Marilyn begins explaining to her niece. "Atypical Property is most notable for being used by Alexander the Great. It is Greek in origin and takes the form of a futuristic-looking box. It has never once been registered as a living being."

"..."

"What I am attempting to tell you is that your Sacred Gear shouldn't be a living being... though that barrier is indeed how the activated Atypical Property looks..." Marilyn put a hand on her chin very clearly genuinely befuddled by these contradictions.

Atypical Property is not a living Sacred Gear, and yet the barrier was no doubt how Atypical Property worked right down to being easy for anything to pass through the barrier it made.

(Could it have evolved?) Marilyn denied the possibility as soon as she had the thought. (Sacred Gears may evolve with each host and may even gain a bit of an ego of their own but they don't manifest as truly living beings unless that's how they were made like Canis Lykaon.)

"Who told you that your Sacred Gear was Atypical Property?"

"My uncle Michael obviously. He's the greatest expert on Sacred Gears there is." Cebrail sounded quite proud of this though Marilyn didn't care at all. If Cebrail were a bit more self-aware she might think "so this is how it feels like" however she has yet to realize she was being treated like a child.

"Indeed..."

(That guy could never make a mistake like that. With his...Sacred Gear...Editor...) Marilyn's thoughts slowed down as she began having a very interesting idea.

"How did you acquire 'Atypical Property?'" Marilyn questions as she now begins walking towards her sword.

"I fished her out of the Dimensional Gap by mistake and after that we became partners." Cebrail explained answering her aunt rather obediently. Though she saw Marilyn picking up her weapon she didn't bother trying to stop her.

"I see...you must be used to such abnormal events..." Hearing Cebrail's simple explanation as to how she acquired Atypical Property she was now quite sure that Michael had something to do with this strange phenomenon. It's likely he added something else to the Sacred Gear in order to boost the amount it could do.

The reason Marilyn now knew this for certain was actually quite simple. If you were to simply be floating around in space truthfully the likelihood of you actually bumping into something is incredibly low due to how vast it is. The Dimensional Gap was much, much, MUCH bigger. So much so that only Dragon Gods and above and perhaps, of course, Rizevim, though he was a very... "special" case due to his Royal Authority.

For Cebrail to have simply accidentally come upon a Sacred Gear, the chances are so astronomically low it could ONLY happen through the machinations of another.

"Show me what your Sacred Gear can do." Marilyn was genuinely curious, to turn the box Zeus once created into a living Sacred Gear; she wanted to figure out what exactly Michael could have used to make such a thing possible.

"Mmm..." Marilyn didn't have to tell Cebrail twice and instantly the woman found her weapon once again gone from her hand in its place was a fly which stuck to her palm in a gross fashion.

"..." Marilyn was perhaps slightly amused by this, but she wasn't going to laugh out loud or anything.

(How spiteful...) Marilyn couldn't help but think as she stared at the crushed fly above her head her sword spun in the air slowly before instantly being replaced by Cebrail.