Chapter 26 - Dark Souls PvP?

"Tosca. I'll support you so just keep attacking." Reginleif whispered patting the girls back and putting another rune for enhancement on her back.

"A-Alright Senior!" Tosca readied her spear pointing it towards the beastman with more resolve. She rushes toward Buffy attempting to stab him with her spear, but her sloppy form leaves her completely open when he dodges.

Reaching out Buffy attempted to grab Tosca's spear however he found a defensive magic barrier was created letting the blue eyed girl slip out of range and nick his arm on the way out. If she were more skilled perhaps she could have taken his whole arm off. Unfortunately for now she could only make a small cut.

"Tsk!" Buffy frustratingly slashes his claws towards Tosca but the earth in between the two rises up not only blocking his attack but his vision of the small child.

Like a wild savage he rushed through the rocks destroying them with his raw strength but on the other side wasn't Tosca as she had jumped flipping over his head and spinning with her spear to put a shallow wound on his back.

Buffy wasn't an amateur however and not so much as even flinching from the pain he backhanded Tosca sending her flying away where she was caught by Reginleif who set her back down gently.

(Another barrier, that Valkyrie is annoying.) Buffy had fought two Valkyries so far set up in Kuoh Town so he had gotten somewhat familiar with their Norse Magic, though none of them used the magic Reginleif did he could recognize the runes somewhat. (Those Valkyrie are definitely keeping the brat we're looking for hidden. If I can capture this kid and question her, could we finally make some headway in our search?)

Buffy changed his plan which fit his desire not to kill a bunch of kids and his wish to accomplish the task the big boss had asked to be done.

"Thank you senior!"

"Keep your guard up!" Reginleif shouted pushing Tosca out of the way of Buffy's sudden charge while sending herself to the side as well.

Buffy sped past them before stopping spinning around and sending two powerful slashes of Demonic Power toward Reginleif who blocks it barely with her defensive magic. The force of the attack, despite all of the damage being blocked, pushes the young Valkyrie back a few steps.

(My magic does no lasting damage and with that amount of speed and strength... could he have been some kind of Youkai before he was reincarnated as a Devil?) Reginleif immediately shook the thought out of her head. It was pointless wondering what species the man was instead she had to figure out a plan.

As she was used to fighting with the seemingly unbeatable Cebrail as her frontliner she was beginning to realize the gap in their relative strengths that much more. She couldn't be reckless even for a second as Tosca, while having very good combat instincts, lacked greatly in experience. One wrong move could really spell the end for both of them.

(Tosca's demon spear is the only thing we have that can seem to damage him.)

Tosca rushed towards Buffy with her spear, quite visibly her speed had increased since the last time she charged, her footing was better, and even her handling of the weight of her weapon.

She was getting better the longer she fought and Buffy immediately recognized this fact and prepared himself for the exchange by raising his claws.

The spear and the claw collided several times sending sparks as Tosca twirled and slashed and danced and dodged.

Due to her short height compared to him Buffy was having an awkward time defending himself from the ruthless yet strangely beautiful assault. The reach of her spear did him no favors either as with its reach she could attack places she normally wouldn't be able to with her height, she could even reach both his face and neck.