Chapter 42 - Logic vs Instinct

It didn't take very long at all for Rias to reach the throne room; it was a wide area with various marble pillars, a clean ornately patterned floor, and a large golden throne.

On the throne was a girl with short neck length black hair, glasses, violet eyes, and a crown.

She was Sona Sitri heiress to the Sitri household and the little sister to Serafall Leviathan, the strongest female Devil. Sitting on the throne with her golden scepter in hand she looked down on the red headed heiress of the Gremory household.

"Sona!" Rias called out stepping towards her friend. "I've gone against your plans and made it all the way to you! It's over!"

Sona didn't respond and instead she just stared at Rias with the shadow of her hair covering her eyes. She had a somewhat grim look on her face as if she was quite troubled by "having her plans foiled," making Rias feel that much more confident.

While in tactics she may be inferior to Sona, in a one on one fight she was certain that Sona could not beat her. The difference in the power of their skill sets was just too vast.

(Sona must know this too so I need to be careful.) Rias thought noticing that Sona was still just looking at her.

"Sona?"

"..."

Rias takes another step forward. "Hey! You aren't just going to give up are you?"

"..."

"I'll really attack you if you don't surrender!" Rias takes another more angry step towards the throne.

"..."

"I've already won then." Rias takes another step but steps onto something drawing her attention. "A... seashell?"

Indeed on the floor was a simple seashell. Just a normal everyday seashell. Not something one would normally have to take note of.

Looking back up from the shell Rias' eyes widened with shock as she saw Sona's figure which had been sitting coldly on the throne dissolve into a puddle of water leaving only her cape, scepter, and crown behind on the golden throne.

"Wha-" Before Rias could wonder aloud in confusion about what happened the seashell erupted into a fountain of water grabbing and enveloping Rias. The water surrounded her, suffocating her as if she were deep in the ocean and Sona stepped out from behind the throne.

"Leviathan Ocean Prison!" She yelled raising her hand into the air and all of the seashells hidden around the room erupted with water which joined into Rias' water prison making it bigger and putting more pressure on the red head inside.

She flailed around in the water trying her hardest to hold her breath however bubbles kept escaping her mouth slowly but surely draining her of her breath. In desperation she covers her mouth but still more and more bubbles come.

"Unfortunately Rias I had always planned on you arriving here. In fact this is exactly what I wanted!" Sona called out, but there were doubts in her mind.

(Do I want to win this way? It's like admitting that I can't even begin to contest with Rias in a fair one on one fight.) She was troubled. In truth she hadn't expected Rias to struggle so much with her opener and had actually been planning on a proper fight. (If it were Cebrail she would win, Power of Destruction or no.)

Sona had something to prove in this fight and it wouldn't be possible if Rias lost to a cheap trick like this. To catch up to Cebrail's monstrous talent she needed to be able to call Rias weaker than herself with complete certainty. She had to defeat the Gremory heiress in such a way that it was indisputable.