Chapter 20 - Waking Avalon

"You're the one that kidnapped my sister?" Sirzechs questions Cebrail looking at her with calm blue eyes. He wasn't surprised that it was a child since Serafall had warned him before of the kidnappers' identity.

Since he knew this was the child of Gabriel he also knew he had to thread carefully so as not to ruin the chances of the peace treaty in the works. In all honesty he had actually wanted to meet this child before as one could say it was thanks to her that the peace treaty with the angels managed to progress this far, it was after she was born that Gabriel seemed to start actually considering peace as an option.

"Indeed it was I." Cebrail said proudly with a clear look of pride on her flat face.

"Why?" Sirzechs asked somewhat amused by the child in front of him, from what he had heard she wasn't the type to do things for no reason.

"I need a favor from you."

"Usually you don't ask for a favor by kidnapping someone's family member."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, this is obviously extortion."

"Impossible. Extortion is a threat. I haven't made any threats."

Sirzechs looked at her with a raised eyebrow, he was confused because in the most technical of senses she was correct. She had never ACTUALLY threatened him but... "You kidnapped my little sister."

"Well, I never said that I was going to do anything to her. I would have just returned her if you never showed up."

"How long were you going to wait?"

"777 naps."

"..." Sirzechs stared at her for a few moments and couldn't help but chuckle a little.

(I was a bit skeptical when Serafall claimed that the child of Gabriel of all people lacked any prejudice but would you look at that.) Sirzechs thought, now he was certain that Rias was probably completely safe. Though perhaps he should have guessed as much since Serafall wasn't going after her precious own little sister, she had just laughed it off as kids playing.

Turning around Cebrail began walking through the destroyed doorway and instantly after following her, Sirzechs saw his little sister who was standing at the top of the steps.

The two locked eyes and a strange mixture of emotions were clearly visible deep in Rias' own. She was happy to be rescued however at the same time both embarrassed and annoyed that it was her older brother who had done it.

"B-Big brother..." Rias greeted her brother hesitantly and he smiled at her in return before moving his attention back to Cebrail.

"So what favor exactly are you in need of?" Sirzechs questioned following the girl to an area behind the staircase.

"The Church has been making moves in the shadows."

"Aren't they always?" Sirzechs said sarcastically.

"You know as well as I do that that isn't true. Sometimes they're quite loud. That's when they're easiest to deal with since they're fat with overconfidence."

"Hmm, I see what you mean, if they're being quiet then it can only mean even worse news than normal. However, how does this concern you? Angels generally don't interfere directly in the affairs of the Church."

"Yes, that was the case but now Angels can answer prayers freely so we need to reign in the Church a bit more to help with our reputation. It isn't good that one of the things we're known for is the fact that priests sometimes diddle little boys." Cebrail said seriously though it didn't seem all that serious when she said it with a cute little pout.