Chapter 41 - Successor Flame

"I've been set to be your opponent Puriel, please take care of me." Gadreel said upon stepping out of the shadows to confront his best friend a bow of Light Power in his hand.

"Gadreel... I guess it was only a matter of time before the two of us fought huh!" Puriel said a bit excitedly. She hadn't ever fought Gadreel nor ever considered it before, he looked weak, he acted weak, and overall he was a good weak little kid. Well honestly perhaps he was just a normal kid instead rather than seemingly a weak one.

However the look he was giving Puriel really made her shiver. It was nothing like Cebrail's look. The white haired Angel always looked bored or unwilling rather than fierce or strong. Gadreel's sharper gaze was without the normal shy and non confrontational attitude he usually adopted to make sure she didn't cause trouble. Though Puriel didn't know if she could call it a strong look just yet.

"Come on, come at me Gadreel!"

Gadreel raises his Light Power bow and notches three arrows of light before firing them. When fired their speed makes them almost resemble beams of light and all of them manage to hit Puriel in her torso and legs.

Puriel falters for a moment but stands her ground with a smile before charging at Gadreel with her bat raised high into the air. He wasn't very far away so she quite quickly managed to get close enough to hit him though his speed far surpassed her and before she could even complete her swing Gadreel vanished as though he had teleported.

Puriel's hit completely missed, causing her to stumble, leaving an opening for Gadreel to fire another arrow hitting the lavender haired girl's side.

"Ugh!" Puriel turned to find herself being pelted with even more light arrows forcing her to raise her hands to defend herself. "You! Stop spamming the same attack and fight me properly! Like a man!"

After Puriel shouted this the barrage of arrows stopped and Puriel lowered her arms to take a peek at her friend only to see that he was actually charging up a far bigger and stronger arrow.

"Oh s*it!" As the arrow which in truth was more like a powerful blast of Light Power sped towards her Puriel just barely dodged it by leaning her body to the side.

Gadreel grabbing his bow with both hands separated them into two blazing blades of light and he charged Puriel much to her excitement.

"Now that's what I'm talking about!" Puriel regained her balance and readied herself gripping her bat with both hands tightly.

"Return." Gadreel said simply and jumped into the air spreading his six wings for an extra boost.

"HUH!?! Why would you-" Puriel questioned but a sudden light distracted her from the corner of her eye and turning around, what she found was a huge ball of Light Power headed straight for her.

Due to the proximity and the size of the attack Puriel had no chance to dodge and took it straight on causing an explosion of pure yellow light.

"I keep telling you Puriel, you shouldn't believe your opponents so readily!" Gadreel scolded from up above. Puriel was far too hard headed and simple minded for her own good, that's why even when they went to school together he was always keeping her out of trouble.

"Right back at you Gadreel!" Puriel yelled and a baseball sized blast of light power headed straight towards the brown haired boy unfazed though he merely cut it in half with his Light Powered swords. The blast now in two exploded behind him against the ceiling producing a flash of light.

(For some reason Puriel never uses her wings, so if I stay up here I'll be able to keep her pretty under wraps.) Puriel thought unfortunately his plans would be made impossible by Puriel's next move.