Chapter 17 - Kidnapping Angel

Cebrail was napping outside in the sun with animals all around her, from squirrels, to birds. They were snuggling up next to her, watching her, and even presenting her with gifts as if she were an idol. Still despite being animals they were very careful not to wake her. Anyone seeing the scene might think Cebrail was an actual goddess however she was simply an Angel.

Such a peaceful scene was never meant to last unfortunately as all of the animals which were squeaking and chirping previously stopped at once and all of their heads turned almost mechanically towards Cebrail.

Soon one small squirrel spoke to her in a man's voice. "Well, well, well, sleeping on the job again huh Melissa Wargrave~"

Cebrail's eyes shot open instantly and her body would have shot up as well if it weren't for the fact that she found herself frozen in place as if she were in a state of sleep paralysis.

"...Solomon..." Cebrail said with a rare tinge of anger in her voice.

"Friendly as usual Melissa Wargrave." Solomon joked but gained no response besides a glare from Cebrail.

"What do you want fool?" Cebrail questioned aggressively.

"I just wanted to check in on you Melissa Wargrave, and perhaps commend you for your amazingly rational kidnapping of Rias Gremory!"

"Why do you keep saying my whole name? Stop that you freak."

"I just do it because I know it annoys you Melissa Wargrave~" Solomon teased, the squirrel went up to Cebrail's face and patted it casually.

"Why don't you use that supposed wisdom God gave you for something more worthwhile than making fun of a little girl trying to take a nap." Cebrail responded dryly with her eyebrow twitching in annoyance.

"In any case I can see that I'm not welcome." The squirrel paused like the rest of the animals and a bird landed lightly on Cebrail's head looking down on her. "Though since you want me to use my precious wisdom so much, how about I give you a warning? Melissa Wargrave never loses... unless her opponent is fate..."

"What...?" Cebrail was confused by the mans words, perhaps because she didn't have very many particularly important memories yet she really didn't know what Solomon meant at all.

"I'm simply saying. While you may view that ring as a curse, you should look at it with more hope Melissa Wargrave."

"How ridiculous. I spent my whole past life fighting and now you've sentenced me to the same fate in this life. You really are a fool if you expect me to put my faith in your childish game." Cebrail was laughing bitterly at Solomon's words. She just wanted to rest in this life enjoying the comforts of the world.

"How foolish of me. I forget Melissa Wargrave, you're still just a child. Completely powerless~"

Upon being called "powerless" an inexplicable irritation filled Cebrial's heart and an angry tick mark appeared on her forehead. "You-"

"It's ironic that you act like you want to embrace hedonism when you haven't stopped helping people. You're just being the same as you were in your last life~"

"Solomon!"

"Heed my words Melissa Wargrave, since I'd like to see you later~" With his foreboding farewell the bird flew away and all of the other animals which had gathered began running off.

"Cebrail!" A voice called out from behind her.

Sitting but Cebrail found that it was Sona Sitri with a plate holding a slice of chocolate cake on it.

"Oh did I scare away all of the animals?"

"It's fine. Is there something you need Sona? More money perhaps?" Cebrail questions but Sona shakes her head before kneeling down next to the Angel while presenting the cake.