Chapter 4: Qlipha Crystals

"... This body is a lot stronger than I imagined"

Hiroto said while looking at himself in a broken mirror near the dumpster. The only safe place for him to go as of now since he and Mio are still being hunted down by [Deus Ex Machina Industries]. Making Hiroto let out a sigh in response since he didn't expect that there would be a day where he would struggle with money.

He didn't bring any clothes with him so he had to steal one from the laundry of another person as quickly as possible. He now wore a white T-shirt, black jacket, and pants while on his face was a black mask. Completely hiding his identity.

"Having both the spiritual aspects of this body and my bloodline mixed goes well, doesn't it?"

He said to himself as he felt his mana exponentially grow. Right now, he was possessing the body of a half-spirit since the system formed this body through the mana left behind by Takamiya last night. Making him stare at himself in the mirror while his hand pressed against its surface. Unlike Shinji Takamiya in the light novel, his eyes were a lot sharper and glowed with traces of golden aura due to the influence of his soul on the body.

"The only skill I gained from this body is [Supreme Mana Capacity (Advance)]... it has no combat skills at all, but... I guess this is where my own skills come to place"

[Are you not done admiring yourself, you narcissist?]

"I see that you came back to your shitty ways, system. I can't say I'm impressed"

[This is how we've always been, Host]

"I wonder who's the one being so quiet in the past few days. I honestly liked it a lot when you were quiet. At least I don't have to deal with an annoying piece of shit every day"

He said before he grabbed a katana from his inventory and hung it on his waist. Making him slowly pull the blade out of its sheath before he quickly sliced through the mirror in front of him. Cleanly slicing it into two before Hiroto showed a satisfied look in response.

"It's passable... I can't just pull out Ryūjin Jakka in this dimension if I don't want to burn everything to the ground... I guess I could still use the flame essence that my great grandpa gave me. That thing only freezes anything it touches after all"

He said before covering his entire body with a layer of [Stealth], causing his presence to grow thinner and thinner before it completely disappeared. Making him practically invisible to beings less powerful than himself.

[Are you planning on stalking her, Host?]

"Don't phrase it like that, system... I just plan to observe her. Some events need to happen so I can't reveal myself to her until the start of the original plot... but I also can't leave her out of my sight. Even though it doesn't feel right to just leave hundreds of people to die for her to form the [Sephira Crystals]... I don't have much of a choice anyway. It's either they or I die after all"

He said before his body burst into flames and reappeared in the sky. Spreading his two wings made from a frosty blue fire before flying up to the sky. Rushing towards the direction where he suspected to be where Takamiya is residing.

"I'm honestly a bit worried about that girl..."

[You mean Mio Takamiya?]

"Yeah... because I can somewhat understand what she's going through... she's just a curious girl that for once experienced what true love felt like but it got taken away from her through Shinji's death"

He said before he found Takamiya from afar. Sitting quietly underneath a tree while caressing her stomach. Thinking of a way to recreate Shinji in the world. Not noticing Hiroto who landed on top of a tree. Observing her from afar while the mask and hood hide his expression.