Chapter 83: Prepare for War

"..."

"... Why aren't you girls saying anything?"

Hiroto asked as he sat in front of a large table located in the dining room of his mansion. Looking at the three women who were silently eating their breakfast with flushed cheeks as if they were too embarrassed to look him in the eye.

"Hiroto... your room is soundproof, right?"

"..."

Hiroto remained silent, causing Rimuru's face to turn bright red in response. Making Hiroto let out a light chuckle in response.

"I remember setting up a sound nullification barrier, but it seems like I made a huge error"

"Y-Y-You-"

"Keep reacting like that and I won't be able to resist teasing you, Rimuru"

He said, causing Rimuru to shut her mouth immediately to stop giving him opportunities to tease her. Making her sulk in response before hitting his waist with her shoulder.

"... No mercy at all, huh?"

Hiroto said as he choke on his own saliva due to the blunt force of her attack. Breaking one of his ribs, causing him to helplessly smile in response.

"Please don't become as violent as Lucy when she's embarrassed"

"S-Shut up!! I-It's because... It's all your fault!"

Rimuru retorted as she stammered on her own words. Making Hiroto gently smile on response.

"I... would prefer it if you don't flirt right in front of us"

Lilith said with furrowed eyebrows, causing Hiroto to shrug his shoulders in response. As if he was telling her that he didn't care.

"Oh yeah... Lilith, next time, please don't break the door, alright? You can throw vegetables on the door if you want, but don't reinforce it with magic to make it more durable. I'll gladly appreciate it if you do"

"... Sure..."

"Have you heard any news from the devil faction? They've been really docile in the past few days, and I'm not used to it"

"Why would you be interested in that?"

"I've established a peace treaty with them, so I'm somewhat curious about the internal events within the devil faction. Engaging in centuries of war would more or less raise dissatisfaction among the mass, correct? Especially when millions of your kind have died in this pointless war initiated by your husband"

He said, causing Lilith to frown after he heard him insult her husband. Making her glare at Hiroto in response.

"Are you... indirectly calling my husband stupid?"

"No, I didn't mean to offend you in anyway... I just voiced out my opinion as a man who has participated in countless wars. From my experience... the motive behind this war is just plain... idiotic. It is a war born from the selfish desire of your husband for domination and power. Even if he is a devil, I expect him to be a bit more... intelligent as a former Seraph to be honest. But so far, his performance has been disappointing"

He said, causing Lilith to remain silent in response. Deep inside her, she also thought the same, but the constant assurance of her husband made her repeatedly change her mind that this war was necessary. Making her clench her first in response before she felt something enter her mind. A message from Lucifer, who was currently in the devil faction.

"Excuse me. I have business to take care of"

She said as she stood up from her seat. Making Rimuru nudge Hiroto using her elbow in response to capture his attention.