Chapter 13: Behind the Scenes

"We're locked on the target. Everyone be careful not to lose sight of her"

A woman wearing a mechanical armored suit that barely protected her body if not for the barrier around her reported to the other units chasing after a spirit. Making the other units nod their heads as they activated the thrusters on their suits. Propelling themselves forward as their acceleration significantly increases. Locating their target that was running away from them with a flintlock pistol and musket in her hands.

 Locating their target that was running away from them with a flintlock pistol and musket in her hands

"Everyone, open fire"

The higher officer among the group ordered, causing all units to launch hundreds of missiles towards the spirit from the suit that they wore before an energy blade formed in their hands. Preparing to engage in close-quarter combat with the spirit as they watched her dodge the missiles with great agility. Making them frown in response before two snipers fired in the spirit's direction, causing the spirit to perform a backflip to jump out of the bullet's trajectory before fixing her grip on her rifles.

"You're not getting away!!"

One of them shouted as they charged forward while raising her energy sword in the air. Slashing down towards the spirit, causing the spirit to crouch down in response before pointing her rifle in the girl's direction. Revealing the entirety of her appearance to the girl. The spirit was a young woman with long black hair tied in a ponytail with blood red eyes except for her left eye whose pupils resembled that of a golden clock. Wearing a black and red gothic lolita outfit. 

"How stubborn"

"How stubborn"

The spirit, Kurumi Tokisaki, said before she fired several bullets in the girl's direction. Punching several holes in the girl's body as her bullet easily pierced through her barrier. Making the girl widen her eyes in surprise as her lifeless body fell to the ground, causing her companions to grit their teeth as they passed by her body. But didn't dare pick her up as they still got to fulfill their mission.

"Keep your distance and fire!!"

One of them shouted before firing thousands of bullets in Kurumi's direction. Preparing to overwhelm her and trap her in a corner, causing Kurumu to look back before stopping in her tracks. Showing them a sadistic smile on her face before a gigantic clock appeared behind her, causing her to raise both of her guns as she prepared to call on her angel, but stopped as a ball of flames fell from the sky. Scorching everything around them before a humanoid figure stood in front of her.