Chapter 54: Standards of Strength

"Jinwoo-san! Today was fun, wasn't it?"

Alice, the support type system holder, asked as she waved her hand at Jinwoo while carrying her bowl of ramen that she bought from the organization's cafeteria. Making Jinwoo look up at her. Watching as she sat down opposite him without reserve before putting down her bowl on the table.

"Aren't you going home yet? It's already past 7 in the evening"

"I already told my parents that I'll be staying out late, so it's fine! My curfew is at 9 pm, so as long as I can get home before 9, my parents wouldn't scold me too much"

"... I'm talking about your safety. Aren't you afraid that the other system holders in this place would start eyeing you?"

He asked before glancing at the few men who were taking a peek at Alice from the corner of their eyes. Even though Alice wasn't as beautiful as the women in Hiroto's guild, she was still a cute girl in both appearance and personality. So, she was still quite popular within the organization. He was the only one that wasn't attracted to her since he treats her like a little sister due to their large age gap of more than 9 years.

"Don't worry! It's a popularly known fact that my parents are both tier Vs. They won't take the risk to offend them since my mom and dad can wipe them from the face of the earth!"

"... I feel like I should be worried about that..."

"You already got their approval when I told them stories about you! They even want to meet you, but since I refused them, you don't have to worry about them trying to find trouble for you"

"Why does it sounds like they want to beat me up once they meet me?"

"You're thinking too much, Jinwoo-san. My parents are usually kind to others, so they won't bully you or anything"

Alice assured, causing Jinwoo to let out a sigh as he didn't buy it. From the looks of it, Alice was spoiled and loved dearly by her parents, so of course they'll act differently when in front of her, and when in front of others. Especially towards the male friends that their daughter has. 

"Aren't your parent's freelancers? What if some young masters of a guild took an interest in you? 

"Hmm? Come on now, Jinwoo-san. Everyone knows that no one from the upper top 70 guilds would do these kinds of things. Those young masters from the upper top 70 guilds are all trained thoroughly when they were still children. To make them competent enough and be chosen by a system as their new hosts. They aren't the type to just grant their descendant a system token since they value honor. So, they would make their child earn it rather than get it for free"

"... That's surprising"

"I was surprised too when my mom told me about it! Adding to that... to make themselves worthy, they detach themselves from worldly desires, and train to the limit of their bodies. That's why I said they won't actively court someone since they find it troublesome. For them, it is much better to stick with their arranged marriages with the children of other prominent guilds"

"What about you? Were you also trained to gain a system?"

"Nope! I got my system as a gift from my grandpa! It was an excess system token he got after his guild wiped out the top 80 guild in a guild war. It also doesn't require me to be strong but encourages me to just support others. Most of my quests involve buffing or healing my teammates, and thanks to you. Everything has been going smoothly! I get a total of 50 system points every day! Aren't I amazing?"

She said as she proudly smiled and puffed up her flat chest. Making Jinwoo remain silent in response. Trying to prevent himself from ruining the little girl's happy mood by telling her about the salary that he gains from Hiroto every month.