Chapter 65: Challenge Accepted

"Mom, I'm here"

Hiroto said as he knocked on the door of his parent's house. Making the door immediately open before Marise suddenly hugged him out of nowhere, causing him to look at his mother in confusion. Watching her check his body for any injury before sighing in relief after making sure that nothing was wrong with him.

"Thank goodness nothing happened to you"

"I already told you on the phone that nothing happened to me, Mom..."

"I know you're the type to lie about these kinds of things. You're just like your father in this aspect after all... Always keep secrets about these kinds of events and deal with them yourself"

"Hahaha..."

Hiroto laughed dryly with a smile on his face. Following his mother inside before he caught the sight of Sho sitting on the sofa. Drinking a cup of coffee that Marise prepared for him, causing the said person to place his cup on the table as soon as he noticed that Hiroto finally arrived.

"Grandpa"

Hiroto greeted as he bowed his upper body slightly forward to show his respect. Making Sho nod his head in satisfaction before Hiroto sat down opposite him. Looking at Sho with a look as if he already knows what he is going to say, causing Sho to smile in response.

"Marise... Can you leave us alone for a few minutes?"

Sho said, causing Marise to momentarily glance at Hiroto before leaving the room. Letting the two of them inside the living room, causing Sho to immediately place a crystal on the table. Creating a [Sound Nullification] dome around them to Marise from hearing their conversation as it concerns the world of systems.

"... Let me apologize first for my negligence, Hiroto... It is my fault that something like this happened to you because I didn't manage to put a tighter leash on them... I hope you'll forgive your old man just this once"

He said to Hiroto in a sincere tone to show that he was truly apologetic and regretful for allowing this to happen. Making Hiroto let out a sigh in response before he gently smiled in his grandfather's direction.

"It isn't your fault grandpa... I know that you're extremely busy keeping the [Ifrit Guild] alive, so this must've slipped from your vision. Nothing bad happened anyway, so it's fine... but even if that's the case, I have no intention of forgiving Jiro and my mother's siblings"

"Naturally, I didn't come here to ask for your forgiveness for their actions. I'm aware that they crossed the line and I don't intend to protect them any longer... I already left the guild and they are on their own... The guild's survival now entirely depends on them. I hope this can teach them a bit to change their views and attitude"

He said with a weak smile on his face before shaking his head from side to side to shake off all thoughts in his mind. Not wanting to remember his ungrateful and arrogant family any longer or else he might just do something he might regret. All he wanted now was to protect Marise's family, the only family that earned his approval out of all of his grandchildren's families. Making him clench his hands together before looking him directly in the eye.

"You've grown strong, Hiroto... I thought that you would always remain as the kind child that you once were... but look at you now. I can see in your eyes that you've come a long way to reach this far... As your great-grandfather... I'm extremely proud of what you achieved"

He said, causing Hiroto to remain silent. Not intending to elaborate on how he managed to reach this far, and how much he had to sacrifice to be where he is standing right now. He didn't want to waste so much time telling stories to his grandfather about his journey, and he didn't see those experiences as something he should brag about.