Chapter 17: Natsumi Kyouno

"... It's time for lunch"

A petite and skinny 13-year-old girl with long unkept and messy emerald hair said while she ran towards the kitchen of their house. Wearing ragged clothes on her body before she grabbed a bowl and filled it with warm water. Opening the fridge to hopefully find leftover butter or margarine, but found none, causing her to show a sad look on her face before glancing at the food packages inside. Making her hold her stomach as her stomach growled in hunger, but remembered how her mother would beat her if she touched any of the food in the fridge. She reluctantly closed it and just grabbed the bottle of soy sauce and sugar close to the faucet.

Pouring it into the warm water and mix it with a spoon to dilute it. Making her sit down on the chair to have her 'lunch' for today. Since it was weekends, she couldn't eat proper food in the school cafeteria so she had to make do with this until Monday, causing her to look at her pitiful lunch with a frown on her face. Reluctant to eat it, but since her mother would just starve her anyway, she needed to at least fill her stomach with something.

 Reluctant to eat it, but since her mother would just starve her anyway, she needed to at least fill her stomach with something

"... It tastes bad..."

She muttered as she scooped it with a spoon and brought it to her mouth. Making her let out a tear in response. Wondering what did she do to live a life like this before wiping her tears with her dirty sleeves, but as soon as she opened her eyes. She saw a piece of sandwich beside her plate, causing her to widen her eyes in surprise before looking around the room but finding no one. Not noticing a young man with blue hair shrouded in a layer of stealth leaning against the kitchen wall while watching her look around in confusion.

"Who?"

She said she thought deeply about who gave her this since there is only her and her mother at home, but looked at the sandwich on the table. She didn't think twice and proceeded to eat it with a grateful smile on her face. Finally being able to eat actual food, causing the young man who was watching her let out a smile as he watched her happily eat lunch.

"I wonder who's been giving me food lately..."

She muttered. Remembering the times when she would just find cooked and nutritious food lying around as she walked home in the past few days.

"If there are Gods helping me... thank you for giving me lunch"

She said as she placed her hands together in a praying position, causing the young man to let out a chuckle in response before the young girls started chugging down the makeshift lunch she made down her throat. Showing a satisfied look on her face as she rubbed her belly.

"YOU SHITTY BRAT!!"

A loud and angry tone shouted from the entrance of the kitchen, causing the young girl's body to unconsciously tremble before a woman suddenly barged inside the kitchen. Angrily looks at Natsumi who has traces of crumbs on her cheeks, causing her to raise her hand before slapping the young girl across her cheek. Throwing the petite girl to the ground a hideous red mark appeared on her face, causing her to blankly look at her mother in response.